PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Rob Van Dam Gives Notice To WWE

AFC1986
02-05-2007, 08:15 AM
According to a backstage source that we spoke to last week, Rob Van Dam looks to be done with World Wrestling Entertainment. Apparently, he had to let WWE officials know if he was going to hand over his notice by the end of last week or else his expiring contract would roll over.

We've heard that the reason RVD jobbed to Holly on ECW this week is likely because Van Dam gave his notice. RVD had until the end of the week to give the notice. His contract expires over the summer.

Van Dam apparently gave his notice since the job looked to be more of putting over Holly than Rob being in the doghouse (like CM Punk's job), as well as the fact that RVD wasn't involved in the ECW vs. Vince storyline.

We're going to get a confirmation on this story likely tomorrow. Please take this only as a RUMOR right now.

if he has left, then i can see him signing for tna within the next few weeks. if the rumour is true, i feel this could be the beginning of the end for ecw

rockamania
02-05-2007, 09:34 AM
this is a blow for the E but a huge pick up for TNA.
AJ/RVD, Daniels/RVD, Joe/RVD, Cage/RVD....look at all these dream matches.
WWE will soon be kicking them selfs when i see ECW fans die down and TNA rantings go sky high. RVD could be the start of a new 2 hour show of TNA.

Will
02-05-2007, 09:37 AM
Vince wont just let him out of his contract out of the kindness of his heart. He will either make RVD finish it out or he will pay him to sit out the rest of it, like he is doing with Heyman.

Butoden
02-05-2007, 12:01 PM
Yeah I'm afraid so. But this is good news nontheless. =^_^= (for TNA & Rob)

Matthew James
02-05-2007, 12:37 PM
Vince wont just let him out of his contract out of the kindness of his heart. He will either make RVD finish it out or he will pay him to sit out the rest of it, like he is doing with Heyman.

He really can't "make" RVD finish the contract. If RVD chooses to leave and break contract, he'll have to wait 90 days before joining the TNA Lockerroom. RVD could be in TNA as soon as May.

XXKSXX
02-05-2007, 01:03 PM
Well theres always some truth to a rummer. So if it is true good for RVD he will be much better off in TNA where at least he will be wanted. WWE's loss is for sure TNA's gain once again. lol

Butoden
02-05-2007, 01:25 PM
I think alot of ECW would be better off to join TNA now before they get 'too much' talent and they cant sign a nice deal anymore i.e. titles etc.

Matthew James
02-05-2007, 01:36 PM
Well, TNA SHOULD add another single's title, maybe a TV title or NWA National Heavyweight belt. People like Roode, Storm, RVD, Daniels and others could use that as a stepping stone before going for the big one.

Will
02-05-2007, 04:13 PM
He really can't "make" RVD finish the contract. If RVD chooses to leave and break contract, he'll have to wait 90 days before joining the TNA Lockerroom. RVD could be in TNA as soon as May.

Yes he can. If he breaks his contract, Vince can sue him and RVD already spent all of his money on weed and his failed comic book store, so he cant afford a lawsuit.

bballkid102003
02-06-2007, 04:47 AM
SNap