PDA

View Full Version : Chris Jericho Speaks On Return

Abhishek_Divekar
02-05-2007, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by TheWrestlingAnswer
When last we saw Chris Jericho in wrestling mode, it was 2005 and he was getting his ass hauled out of a building by security. Ejected after losing a "You're Fired" match to John Cena.

And while Jericho -- Y2J, the King of Bling Bling, the Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla and the Sexy Beast all rolled into one -- believes he can once again rock the wrestling world, he's not ready to return yet.

"I never said I was retired," says Jericho over the phone. "After 15 years with no serious injuries and wrestling at such a high level, I needed a break. I was burned out. So I took myself out of the game before I was forced to take a break."

It's not like Jericho hauled his ass over to the beach, pulled up a lawnchair and searched for the meaning of life. He stayed busy ... very busy. There was a world tour with his rock band, Fozzy. There was a TV pilot for the USA Network (it didn't get picked up). There was an XMSatellite Radio show, Rock of Jericho. There was Opening Night, a play in Toronto last summer. There was Celebrity Duets, where he sang alongside Lee Ann Womack and Peter Frampton. And there was A Lion's Tale, the memoirs which, for four or five hours a night, he poured his heart and soul into (the book should be on shelves in October).

"I'm very close (to the book)," he says. "I lived these stories. It's almost Stranger in a Strange Land meets wrestling.

"I took a page from Walk the Line, which focused on a certain phase of Johnny Cash's life. The book is the whole journey ... it ends when I get to WWE."

Jericho is trying to get back into that wrestling zone.

"I have to be there 100% mentally as well as physically," he says. "Mentally, I was completely fried.

"I don't think (my return) will be happening anytime soon. But at least I've gotten into the groove of being a wrestling fan again. I've gotten back into watching wrestling ... RAW and TNA.

"From the day I left, they called. WWE, All Japan, New Japan, NOAH, TNA ... I would not want to come back and trash my legacy. It's kind of good when a character leaves. It's like a cheap hooker on the street. If you see her every night, it tarnishes the legacy. And that's what I was heading towards.

"You can't become a parody of yourself. There will always be a place for Chris Jericho. I could go back tomorrow and cause the same ruckus I did three years ago."

Jericho says he plotted his own WWE departure.

"I never wanted to be loved as a heel ... if you are, it's mission failed. What better way for a heel to leave than to be carried out kicking, screaming and crying. I would rather be the biggest baby coward.

"It's a lot easier to make people hate you than like you. But when they start to like you, it's hard to make them hate you again ... it's another one of my special powers.

"It's a tough job. I don't feel bad about walking away. I wanted to spend more time with my family. The other wrestlers know I'm lurking out there ... I'm kind of like wrestling's Santa Claus .... I can tell who's good and who's bad."

Jericho got a hoot out of a Winnipeg Sun April Fool's joke last year, a ruse that had him run for the leadership of Manitoba's Progressive Conservative Party. But he says he has no real political aspirations.

"I've been a politician for years in wrestling ... and I'm not very good at it. I tend to speak my mind."

Oh, and one more thing, since the Jets left Winnipeg, Jericho has become a huge Calgary Flames booster.

"I'm an Iggy (Jarome Iginla) fan," he says.

mikedudelang
02-05-2007, 08:32 PM
the wwe needs jericho so bad it's not even funny. if he walked back into the door today, he'd be the best thing they'd have.

Rated X
02-06-2007, 01:19 AM
I would like to see him back, but if he is happy being away he may as well stay away. If he isn't 100% into it, that will shine thru in the ring.

wwe9112
02-06-2007, 02:33 AM
i want to see him in tna

Butoden
02-07-2007, 02:55 AM
Well he mentioned TNA and he hasn't decided yet. :D

wwe9112
02-07-2007, 03:04 AM
i saw a pic on here or another site and he looks sorta gays with his new hair cut lol he lookes better with long hair

countofzar
02-08-2007, 03:37 AM
You have no idea how I truly miss Jericho.

One of my favorite quotes from him can be applied in the WWE today:

"You people have been forced to accept mediocrity as excellence."

Spawn
02-08-2007, 03:45 AM
"I never wanted to be loved as a heel ... if you are, it's mission failed

Lol, great words...*Looks at Jeff J.*

Dangerous Incorporated
02-10-2007, 12:26 AM
Jericho @ WM would be wicked. But wont happen. Glad he hasnt completely ruled out returning t thering.

Vance
02-10-2007, 04:52 AM
Jericho will be better than ever when he returns imo i hope he returns around summerslam maybe...

dashowstar
02-21-2007, 05:38 AM
Yeah we need Jericho we need a well rounded worker who can talk and wrestle not just one or the other.

Babykiller
02-22-2007, 05:37 PM
A Jericho return wud be like a splint relightened.......

Jerichoholic102
02-23-2007, 01:31 AM
I like Chris Jericho, he should return to wrestling

legolas4792
02-23-2007, 01:54 AM
he will probably come back when everyone least expects it

Rock.God
02-24-2007, 04:14 AM
I've seen/heard him on the radio on TV. He seemed so stressed. I don't want him to hurry back but when he does, WWE!

ichiro
02-24-2007, 10:58 PM
I hope he comes back. We need someone like him to revive wrestling.

Torn_Diamondph
03-02-2007, 11:58 AM
Jericho needs to return and take the world title

scrich321
03-10-2007, 09:59 PM
I don't care when it happens, just so long as it does. Same thing with the Rock. Doesn't have to be for an extended run either. How bout this, Y2J & Rock vs Kennedy & Carlito @ next year's WM. Kind of an old dogs vs young pups thing. Plus the mike skills of all 4 of would definitly lead to killer promos. Just off the top of my head.

jerichoholic_9
03-14-2007, 01:53 AM
I can't wait to see him back, either show would do for me, but i personally want to see him on Raw

demolition89
03-14-2007, 03:38 AM
Raw Needs Jericho Bad!!