PDA

View Full Version : More On ECW Changes, Carlito In The Doghouse & More

AFC1986
02-08-2007, 10:58 AM
As reported, Dusty Rhodes has been moved to ECW as part of the creative team. Vince McMahon has been very upset with the brand and feels it is time to turn it around or "put a bullet into it." While he stayed quiet, Michael Hayes was not happy that Rhodes was sent to ECW as they had basically been co-booking Smackdown.

The Ric Flair promo from Raw was intended to come off as a burial of Carlito. It was scripted by Brian Gerwitz, mostly off of notes from the agent reports of Carlito matches. Basically management feels Carlito has progressively gotten lazy, even after constant efforts to push him, and this is a way to "light a fire" under him.

source: ewrestlingnews.com

XXKSXX
02-08-2007, 02:22 PM
Well hopefully it will light a fire under Lito's butt. I like him and wouldn't want him to be gone.

Will
02-08-2007, 09:50 PM
WWE will never push carlito as a top level star and I'm sure he knows that, so you cant really blame him for half assing it. If i was talented and doing my job well but my boss refused to promote me because he only pushes roided up monsters who he has homosexual feelings for, i would probably stop caring too.

wwe9112
02-08-2007, 10:15 PM
yea i like carlito he has goo carisma(sp)

Luthos the dragon
02-09-2007, 10:31 PM
Carlito does need to work harder, he is a good wrestler and if he wanted to be in the Main Event enough and worked for it, he might actually be there. If he settles for Mid carding then that is his own fault. If you don't want the World Title, you really shouldn't be there at all.

countofzar
02-09-2007, 10:58 PM
Give Carlito Mic time and get rid of Torrie Wilson. Better yet, make Carlito turn on her and that will get him heat and he’ll be back as a the heel he was when he was on Smackdown.

XXKSXX
02-10-2007, 12:57 AM
WWE will never push carlito as a top level star and I'm sure he knows that, so you cant really blame him for half assing it. If i was talented and doing my job well but my boss refused to promote me because he only pushes roided up monsters who he has homosexual feelings for, i would probably stop caring too.

Ya dude all in all u got a pretty good opinion most of the time but. HBK and Bret Hart are not roided out monsters. I also think Carlito is half assing it and needs to work better he has lots of talent but he doesn't do anything that makes ratings and money so really thats why he doesn't get a push. In all fairness he really doesn't deserve a push if u ask me.

King Sir Greatness
02-10-2007, 01:56 AM
Ya dude all in all u got a pretty good opinion most of the time but. HBK and Bret Hart are not roided out monsters.

And the real reason they got their push to the Main Event was because of WWF's legal problems (most, if not all, concerning steroid use).

Will
02-10-2007, 07:13 AM
Ya dude all in all u got a pretty good opinion most of the time but. HBK and Bret Hart are not roided out monsters. I also think Carlito is half assing it and needs to work better he has lots of talent but he doesn't do anything that makes ratings and money so really thats why he doesn't get a push. In all fairness he really doesn't deserve a push if u ask me.

For every Hart or Michaels there is 100 guys like Batista and Hogan and Lashley and Goldberg and Lesnar and Nash and Sid and Andre and on and on and on and on and on and on and on. History has shown, with the exception of a handfull of guys (Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio,Chris Benoit, and Jericho) that the larger than life wrestlers will always carry the title. Especially in the business today. Look at the guys that hold the three world titles, Lashley, Cena and Batista. The three largest, most muscular guys in the company all holding the belts at the same time, coincidence? hell no.

And the real reason they got their push to the Main Event was because of WWF's legal problems (most, if not all, concerning steroid use).

very good point. Its no coincidence that Bret and Shawn got the title at the same period that WWE was having their steroid scandal.

XXKSXX
02-10-2007, 01:29 PM
You 2 make me laugh. Cena's not that big of a guy :lmao: I don't like Lashley so whatever with that guy. I would also most people want to see big wrestlers. I myself like all types of wrestlers. Without saying this is about Carlito and how he has been half assing it lol.

Will I have one ?

Who is your favorite wrestler?

Will
02-10-2007, 10:42 PM
Will I have one ?

Who is your favorite wrestler?

CM Punk

XXKSXX
02-10-2007, 11:16 PM
So more or less u like smaller wrestlers witch means u are quicker to go against the larger wrestlers? Thats cool Kane is mine so I probably would defend the larger wrestlers. But I also think Punk is a great talent. I also think he would do much better on SD then what the WWE call ECW.

Will
02-11-2007, 12:23 AM
nope, I like Punks character and his shoot fighting type style, it has nothing to do with his size.