PDA

View Full Version : ROH Draws Huge Crowd In Chicago

Straight Edge
04-02-2006, 08:15 PM
Six Man Mayhem: Ace Steel vs. Jack Evans vs. Matt Sydal vs. Jimmy Jacobs vs. Dave Crist vs. Jake Crist - This was a great opener. Very fast paced, lots of action. Jack Evans got the win w/ the 630. Good luck in Dragon Gate!!

Cornette came out and cut a promo basically saying that we were the LARGEST CROWD IN ROH HISTORY!! 1600+ fans were in the Frontier Fieldhouse last night. He also noted that Adam Pearce was the “bouncer” for the night preventing Hero and Butcher from coming in. Cabana comes out and challenges Homicide tonight to a Chicago Street Fight. Cabana walks away and Cornette calls out Delirious. He says that he will give Delirious a chance to call out ANY ROH wrestler to a match, but if he lost, then he lost his ROH roster spot. After 30 seconds of the greatest rant in the history of Delirious, he calls out Ricky Reyes, which leads to…

Delirious v. Ricky Reyes – Pretty good match, stiff spots by Reyes as always, but surprisingly, Delirious made Reyes tap out. Crowd popped big time!

Masato Yoshino & Jimmy Rave & Alex Shelley vs. Do Fixer – What can I say? Awesome match all around. Shelley/Rave/Yoshino make a great team, and were some good moments in the match (triple dropkick, Yoshino throwing TP at Saito). Jimmy Rave got the pin w/ the Greetings from Ghana, I believe in Horiguchi)

Four Corner Survival – Samoa Joe v. Jimmy Yang v. AJ Styles v. Christopher Daniels – Great match all around. Yang really flowed with these three, and Joe was brutal as always. Joe wins with the musclebuster, pinning AJ Styles.

Afterwards, Joe grabbed the mic, cutting a promo saying that he wants his World Title back, and calls out Danielson. He comes out but says he wont give him a shot tonight, but that if he gets past Storm, he will give him a shot. Here I am watching this promo go down, and I’m standing on the chair (was sitting in Section C and I wanted to see better) and I turn my head to the right to see the crowd and here comes Necro Butcher and Chris Hero. Pearce runs in and starts laying the beat down on Hero, and they brawled all over the place. Section C was destroyed for a while. Great fight by far. HUGE heat on Hero.

We go to intermission, with Bobby Cruise reminding us that ROH returns to the Frontier Fieldhouse on Saturday night, June 24 with the Chicago debut of GHC Jr. Heavyweight Champion KENTA!

ROH Tag Team Title match – Austin Aries & Roderick Strong v. CIMA and Naruki Doi.

Yet ANOTHER MOTYC by these guys. Lots of action, with BG dominating the first half of the match. Aries was gushing blood out of his nose, with CIMA working on that, and wiping the blood on the ref. CIMA did the spot from when he wrestled AJ Styles with Aries hung down on the turnbuckle and CIMA doing a cross ring dropkick. It was awesome. GN fought back and with Doi taken care of outside, Strong hits the half nelson backbreaker on CIMA followed by the 450 for the pin. Huge “Please Come Back” chant for all the Dragon Gate guys.

ROH World Title match – Bryan Danielson v. Lance Storm. I was surprised this match was next, but we were privileged to watching this spectacle unfold. Back and forth match, and Storm looked amazing. One spot I loved was when Danielson was sent into the ropes, Storm went for a single leg takedown and rolled into the Crab. Excellent. Shorter match than last night’s Strong/Danielson match, but it was just as good. Storm tapped out at the end. Chants of “Thank You Lance” and “You still got it” broke out.

Chicago Street Fight – Homicide v. Colt Cabana. Words don’t do it justice. When you see the ROH mat being rolled up, you know a real Fight Without Honor is taking place. Insane spots everywhere. Cabana busted out a ladder and Homicide went through it several times. Tables, chairs, even Homicide had a sheet of plywood absolutely COVERED in barbed wire. Homicide took 95% of the bumps of the night, in my opinion. If you’ve ever seen Death Before Dishonor II: Night 2, it was a carbon copy. Yes folks, the chairs went flying into the ring. *NOTE TO FANS (and Chris Hero) – DON’T THROW CHAIRS IF YOU'RE IN THE BACK OF THE ARENA!!!) Cabana even gave Cide a superplex onto the ROC (ring of chairs). Cabana won w/ a top rope powerbomb onto the table/barbed wire, followed with a Colt 45. After the match Smokes and Reyes came and had a noose and tried to hang Cabana, but Cide pulled them off. He said that they’ve been beating on him for 6 months, and he’s still there, so he deserves respect. Homicide said he was gonna give him a piece, and he has a chair in his hand. He acts like he’s gonna hit him with it but he drops it and extends his hand. Cabana shakes it and they embrace in the ring. It was truly a special moment. Smokes even shook Cabana’s hand. Confetti was shooting out of the back and we close with Cabana dancing like the Colt of old!

And so ends the biggest, and most historical night in Ring of Honor history!!!

Looks like an awesome show. It can't be easy for most if not all of the ROH superstars to work 3 nights in a row, especially the ROH World Champ Danielson who wrestled for about 25 mins on night 1, nearly an hour on night 2 with Roderick Strong and half an hour last night with Lance. I hope Lance does come back to ROH though, because he's just awesome and the match sounds awesome, the same as the show does.

Assassin™
04-02-2006, 10:12 PM
Cornette came out and cut a promo basically saying that we were the LARGEST CROWD IN ROH HISTORY!! 1600+ fans were in the Frontier Fieldhouse last night.
LOL. I know ROH wrestling quality far exceeds that of TNA and is on an entirely different tier than WWE's crap, but still, seeing 1600 noted as a "large crowd" is kind of funny. I know that is very good for an indy, but I'm used to around 4000 to 5000 for TNA and WWE house shows. WWE even gets into 5 digits for PPVs, but that is saying nothing about the quality of the show. I wouldn't care if I was the only fan there, as long as I am entertained.

chuck_norris
04-03-2006, 01:13 AM
sounds like a very good show.