PDA

View Full Version : This is TNA......?

Rated R Phenom
02-14-2007, 12:36 AM
I watched it last night and saw NOTHING that would draw me away from WWE. First off all, a "best of?" Memo to TNA: Get off your lazy ASSES and put out a LIVE show, unopposed, and show people what your product is!!

And Mike Tenay and Don West make me wish I was deaf. They are screaming about EVERYTHING...ALL THE TIME. Shut the fuck up for 2 seconds! A headlock is not worth going into cardiac arrest for, Mike Tenay. As far as Don West goes, most people hit puberty in their teens.....not in their 40's. Maybe if you stopped screaming all the time your voice wouldn't crack every 5 words.

And why, when they went to and from commercial break, did they feel the need to run the same commercial over and over and over again? I don't need 2 hours of some voice over guy telling me how revolutionary TNA is. I get it already!!

The special "in the action" camera shit was just dumb. Am I supposed to be wowed by that? Because it looks like they go from an actual TV camera to a fucking webcam.

I'm not a TNA basher, but they seriously dropped the ball BIG TIME last night. They showed me nothing I can't go see on YouTube right now. It's inconceivable to me that they chose to go this route and not put out a big-time, prime-time, LIVE show on and really...SERIOUSLY...showcase their product.

wwe9112
02-14-2007, 01:42 AM
it was pretty cool how they had the action cam but i fell asleep during the first match but i do have to agree on all the yelling it does get pretty anoying but look past that and look at the matches they where pretty good for a bunch of rookines and old men lol

TNAisWrestling
02-14-2007, 02:43 AM
I watched it last night and saw NOTHING that would draw me away from WWE. First off all, a "best of?" Memo to TNA: Get off your lazy ASSES and put out a LIVE show, unopposed, and show people what your product is!!

And Mike Tenay and Don West make me wish I was deaf. They are screaming about EVERYTHING...ALL THE TIME. Shut the fuck up for 2 seconds! A headlock is not worth going into cardiac arrest for, Mike Tenay. As far as Don West goes, most people hit puberty in their teens.....not in their 40's. Maybe if you stopped screaming all the time your voice wouldn't crack every 5 words.

And why, when they went to and from commercial break, did they feel the need to run the same commercial over and over and over again? I don't need 2 hours of some voice over guy telling me how revolutionary TNA is. I get it already!!

The special "in the action" camera shit was just dumb. Am I supposed to be wowed by that? Because it looks like they go from an actual TV camera to a fucking webcam.

I'm not a TNA basher, but they seriously dropped the ball BIG TIME last night. They showed me nothing I can't go see on YouTube right now. It's inconceivable to me that they chose to go this route and not put out a big-time, prime-time, LIVE show on and really...SERIOUSLY...showcase their product.

What a fucking bias opinion

wwe9112
02-14-2007, 03:23 AM
^^^ i agree lol

Dangerous Incorporated
02-14-2007, 05:03 AM

Says 'TNAisWrestling'!!! Who's biased? :rolleyes: :lmao:

neXus
02-14-2007, 06:00 AM
Well I would have been very upset if I tuned in expecting a live wrestling show. I think TNA wasted a huge chance to show the world what they can do, instead they showed replays of mostly heavyweight division matches. TNAs " bread & butter" is the X division and they didnt show any of the top X matchs. I was also very let down by their new match concept. They made me miss FUFU go threw the hoop for an ultimate X with steel instead of cables :rolleyes:

I was very happy to see WWE at 10pm...

TNAisWrestling
02-14-2007, 06:35 AM
Says 'TNAisWrestling'!!! Who's biased? :rolleyes: :lmao:

I am not being bias my name is just stating that TNA has alot to offer to wrestling as well as WWE so u dont have any idea what the hell bias even means. I am not rambling on about how RAW sucks compared to Impact (which it obviosly doesnt) just get over it, its just a name. Im not hear to argue so anywho...

I am quite happy that this thread was submitted because that means all that advertisment paid off and some WWE fans got to see some of the stuff TNA has to offer. I hope now some of those die hard WWE can now witness the best of both worlds.

Will
02-14-2007, 08:53 AM
I am quite happy that this thread was submitted because that means all that advertisment paid off and some WWE fans got to see some of the stuff TNA has to offer. I hope now some of those die hard WWE can now witness the best of both worlds.

Only three people said they watched it, two were disappointed and the other was so bored that he fell asleep during the first match. How is that in anyway a sign that the advertising paid off in a positive way?

Eddie Guerrero
02-14-2007, 07:14 PM
I totoally agree with, tna sucks, it wouldnt be too long before they go out of business and wwe gets the contract of there superstars.

wwe9112
02-14-2007, 09:32 PM
tna just needs better wrestlers like Kurt angle and sting but they need younger guys and a larger time slot with better story writers them they will rise to the expectations(Sp)

Rated R Phenom
02-15-2007, 12:28 AM

Yeah, biased. Hi pot, meet kettle.

Name one aspect of that that had any semblance of bias to it. I called it like I saw it. If you think that airing a fucking Best Of is a better move than pulling out a Class-A show with ALL that TNA is, then you are the one who is biased.

Rated R Phenom
02-15-2007, 12:30 AM

The show got a lower rating than Impact does, so how did anything "pay off?"

TNAisWrestling
02-15-2007, 12:59 AM
According to reports, the feeling internally within TNA right now about the Monday night "This is TNA!" special is that the show scored a solid rating seeing as it was 115% higher in viewership than the normal show in that timeslot. The show was also No. 3 that night among ad-supported cable network programming in the important male 18-49 and 25-34 demographics.

Despite the improvement in that timeslot, the number still has to be looked at as a slight disappointment considering the huge WWE audience that was without wrestling that night. However, some see the slight increase to 1.2 as a possible sign of things to come if ratings for iMPACT! on Thursday finally start to bump up from the 1.1 range.

Dangerous Incorporated
02-15-2007, 01:28 AM
According to reports, the feeling internally within TNA right now about the Monday night "This is TNA!" special is that the show scored a solid rating seeing as it was 115% higher in viewership than the normal show in that timeslot. The show was also No. 3 that night among ad-supported cable network programming in the important male 18-49 and 25-34 demographics.

Despite the improvement in that timeslot, the number still has to be looked at as a slight disappointment considering the huge WWE audience that was without wrestling that night. However, some see the slight increase to 1.2 as a possible sign of things to come if ratings for iMPACT! on Thursday finally start to bump up from the 1.1 range.

First of all you need to quote your source for your comments.

There rating was about the same in average really a "possible sign of things to come" is just some TNA mark making up stuff.

TNAisWrestling
02-15-2007, 02:32 AM
thats coming from an undertaker mark, people love to hate me and I find it quite entertaining to tell you the truth

neXus
02-15-2007, 04:50 AM
^ I have yet to see one person show any love for you. I think people dont like you period. You are a mark and a close minded mark at that. TNA got an average rating at best considering WWE fans in America couldnt see it at their normal time slot. Im sure that many Canadian fans like myself switched when WWE came on at its normal time considering TNA was nothing more than replays. If your a true fan of TNA you would have already seen just about every match they showed on that night.

The "HUGE"[:rolleyes:] new match concept they had was the same shit different name. The whole reason for the steel X instead of the original cable is so that you can see moves like the Stylesclash from 12 feet in the air. Its nothing special. I feel like once youve seen 1 highflying match youve just about seen them all.

TNA likes to say they are wrestling, they like to try and wage a war against WWE, but since they started their so called war their product has been a WWE rip off at best. They shoot more promos, they have more storylines and they have put most of their focus on their main title.

TNAisWrestling
02-15-2007, 05:08 AM
1. I agree the new concept is crap.
2. I have seen those matches and that proves i am a true fan
3. BLAME RUSSO

Dangerous Incorporated
02-15-2007, 07:53 AM
thats coming from an undertaker mark, people love to hate me and I find it quite entertaining to tell you the truth

Being an Undertaker mark has nothing to do with it. I just disagree o your comments. I dont hate you. I dont even know you.

Bottom line is TNA dropped the ball on this ample opportunity. And the ratings show it.

Rated R Phenom
02-15-2007, 11:16 PM
The "This is TNA!" special on Spike TV last night drew a disappointing 1.18 rating and 1.5 million viewers, short of what last week's regular edition of Impact drew.

So, it got a 115% higher rating than what? What would Spike TV usually air then? A Buffy rerun? Nobody ever watches Spike TV any-damn-ways unless it's wrestling or UFC.

Somebody is trying to put an awful lot of makeup on this pig.

Chat-Avenue
02-16-2007, 04:59 PM
i guess most 'wrestling fans' would rather watch cena and vito make love to each other -sigh-

Will
02-16-2007, 07:43 PM
i guess most 'wrestling fans' would rather watch cena and vito make love to each other -sigh-

This is not a valid comment. TNA may have been the moral superior of WWE at one point, but now they are just bad as WWE with their big fat oily guy, vkm, the abyss killing his father angle and things of that nature. The only difference is that no ones buying TNA's crap, while Vince can still sell his crap to the masses.

neXus
02-16-2007, 10:38 PM

That has yet to happen in WWE, but if you choose to focus on the bad. I can do the same for TNA.

"i guess most 'wrestling fans' would rather watch"

1) Scott Stiener talk about having sex with Kurt Angle's wife.
2) Watch a man in a gimps mask wrestle as sharkboy.
3) 2 guys make a late night run for condoms.
4) Follow a storyline of someone being shot in the back.
5) Kip James basically call women sluts.
6) Kurt Angle beat on women.
7)The Truth make promos starring himself in ghetto remixes of popular films.
8)A man in Make up fight a man in a mask in a match where you have to lock you opponent in a cage,
9) Team 3D, profess their hate for Canadians and Latin Americans.
10) A drunk in a Santa suit.
11) A so called war on WWE.
12)The Big Dick Johnson Ripoff to get ratings .

Chat-Avenue
02-17-2007, 12:56 AM
^ its called taking the piss out of wwe

and i agree the abyss storyline is gay but for wwe fans to say tna sucked on monday is just stupid and they need to get their head out their asses

i like both promotions btw

Dangerous Incorporated
02-17-2007, 01:04 AM
^^Actually its all Russo who's done the exact same stuff in WWF, WCW and now TNA.

Rated R Phenom
02-17-2007, 01:25 AM

and i agree the abyss storyline is gay but for wwe fans to say tna sucked on monday is just stupid and they need to get their head out their asses

Well then I guess my head is in my ass then, because I would have rather watched a REAL TNA Impact show and not some fucking DVD.

neXus
02-17-2007, 07:16 AM

It did suck. Its was nothing more than a best of show. Your telling me that on the only monday night TNA is likely to get for some time you would rather have watched that instead of live show? :rolleyes: