PDA

View Full Version : Madonna announces tour schedule

OMEN
04-03-2006, 11:20 PM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41517000/jpg/_41517684_madonna203body.jpg
Madonna has had 12 number one singles in the UK
Madonna has announced the dates of her forthcoming world tour, which kicks off in Los Angeles on 21 May.

The queen of pop's schedule includes her first concert in Wales at Cardiff's Millennium Stadium on 30 July.

She will also perform at London's Wembley Arena on 1 and 3 of August.

"I'm going to turn the world into one big dancefloor," said the singer. Tickets for Wembley go on sale at 0900 BST on Friday. Cardiff tickets will be available in a fortnight.

Members of Madonna's fan club Icon can buy tickets from Tuesday at 1000 BST. Ticket prices range from £80 to £160.

The tour will also include dates in Amsterdam, Paris, Rome, Hanover, Dusseldorf and Horsens in Denmark.

Lucrative

Japanese fans will be able to catch their idol in Osaka and Tokyo.

The US leg will include Chicago, Boston, San Jose, Phoenix, Fresno, Las Vegas, Philadelphia, Atlantic City, Miami, Montreal and New York.

Jean Paul Gaultier will design costumes for the 47-year-old and her troupe of dancers and musicians.

Madonna will perform at her first music festival in California in April before she goes on tour. She will play at the two-day Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival alongside Daft Punk and Massive Attack.

"I've never performed at a festival and I'm especially excited about playing at Coachella before I start my own tour," the singer said.

Madonna's last tour in 2004 saw her play 56 shows worldwide, including dates in Manchester, London and the Republic of Ireland.

Music journal Billboard said she took $125m (£71m) in the process and made more money from touring than any other artist that year.

BBC