PDA

View Full Version : Ex-NBA Star Hardaway: "I Hate Gay People"

Vance
02-16-2007, 12:05 AM
Isaiah Washington has a new point-man on Team Gay-Bashers.

Former NBA star Tim Hardaway is catching fire today after he went on a gay-hating tirade yesterday afternoon on the radio. "I hate gay people, so I let it be known," said Hardaway. "I don't like gay people and I don't like to be around gay people. I am homophobic ... [Gay people] shouldn't be in the world or in the United States."

Hardaway spewed his venom on Miami's Sports Talk 790 The Ticket in response from a question from host Dan Le Batard about John Amaechi, the retired NBA player who has revealed in a new book that he's gay. NBA commissioner David Stern removed Hardaway from league-related appearances during this weekend's All-Star festivities in Las Vegas. Hardaway subsequently apologized, but not for his actual sentiments: "I shouldn't have said I hate gay people or anything like that. That was my mistake."

Amaechi responded last night to Hardaway's comments: "It is ridiculous, absurd, petty, bigoted and shows a lack of empathy that is gargantuan and unfathomable. But it is honest."
source:tmz.com

XXKSXX
02-16-2007, 02:49 AM
Well he lives in America and he does have the freedom of speech. It's not like Tim speaks for everybody those are his views and he just made them public thats all.