PDA

View Full Version : Two New WWE Hall of Fame Entrants Revealed

Dangerous Incorporated
02-17-2007, 01:20 AM
Two New WWE Hall of Fame Entrants Revealed

source: Wrestling Observer

Dave Meltzer is reporting that Jim Ross and Jerry 'The King' Lawler will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame this year. However, WWE has yet to officially announce this, but they most certainly will within the next few weeks on RAW.

There are six more editions of WWE RAW to go until WrestleMania 23. WWE will be announcing a new entrant, or entrants if they are part of a group or tag team, each week on RAW during the ensuing weeks. If you add Ross & Lawler in, that leaves four spots left.

The tag team of Afa & Sika is a lock to go in considering that WWE recently called them about it. Two other likely entrants are The Shiek and the Von Erich family. One of the reasons that Sabu wasn't fired back in the fall when he probably would have been was because they wanted him to induct The Shiek into the HOF this year. Also, The Shiek was a native of Detroit, the site of this year's WrestleMania. Kevin Von Erich is currently on board with WWE for two projects. He hosts a World Class Championship Wrestling show on WWE 24/7 with Michael Hayes. Also, WWE plans on releasing a DVD on the WCCW this September, The Triumph and Tragedy of World Class Championship Wrestling. This deal would be similar to last year's deal with Verne Gagne and the subsequent AWA DVD release.

Lawler deserves an induction. Im still waiting on Owen Hart being inducted. Also we'd get to see Bret one last time on a WWE program inductng his brother.

AFC1986
02-18-2007, 10:28 PM
jim ross and jerry lawler deserve to be in the hall of fame as i think they're the two best commentators in wwe history and have great chemistry when they're commentating

the madscotsman
02-20-2007, 03:21 PM
wow Sabu's going to have to speak

#13_Sundin
02-20-2007, 03:45 PM
This is actually a surprise to me. I figured they would be inducted but not this year. Wow what a shocker but a good one :)

dashowstar
02-21-2007, 05:28 AM
The only problem I have with A WWE hall of fame is that alot enterants like Johnny Rodz and a few others really werent deserving of a Hall Of Fame spot I mean where are people like Frank Gotch , George Hackenschmit , Gorgeous George ( the 50's star ) not the valet. Is nice to honor people that made your company but its not really a hall of fame. But yeah Owen would be a nice addition but if you talk of tag team I would like to see either The Road Warriors , The Bulldogs or Demolition.

Will
02-21-2007, 03:25 PM
The only problem I have with A WWE hall of fame is that alot enterants like Johnny Rodz and a few others really werent deserving of a Hall Of Fame spot I mean where are people like Frank Gotch , George Hackenschmit , Gorgeous George ( the 50's star ) not the valet. Is nice to honor people that made your company but its not really a hall of fame. But yeah Owen would be a nice addition but if you talk of tag team I would like to see either The Road Warriors , The Bulldogs or Demolition.

Your not separating professional wrestling from sports entertainment. Vince has always said he doesn't run a wrestling company, he runs an entertainment company, so most of his picks are based on who he felt was the most entertaining people, not necessarily the best wrestlers. There is a professional wrestling hall of fame that has actual wrestling criteria so people can follow that if they prefer, while Vince can keep putting in whoever he wants.

theanswer
02-21-2007, 11:51 PM
I like that there both going in together, they deserve it, and they deserve to go in together.

oldschoolfool
02-22-2007, 05:49 AM
Having had watched Alfa and Sika Basically Demolish ever Opponants sent at them Including the Strongbows and Andre and Pedro Morales I would have to say they deserve to be in the Hall of fame.The entertainment value out of a classic Somans Vs StrongBow Match could not be met today if they tried.I watched 20,000 People throw their hands to their Mouths and make weird noises so Chief Jay strongbow would Get Enough Strength to come back from Alfa Or Sika Head butt.Classic Team And deservant Of their Entry into the hall of fame.