PDA

View Full Version : Air hostess a 'sexual aggressor'

OMEN
02-17-2007, 08:55 PM
ACTOR Ralph Fiennes considers himself to have been the victim of a sexual aggressor in an alleged mile-high sex scandal.

Yesterday, the media-shy film star's personal publicist angrily broke a week-long silence from the Fiennes camp to tell the actor's side of an increasingly sordid story.

Media manager Sara Keene declared flight attendant Lisa Robertson had instigated the incident in a toilet cubicle of a Qantas flight between Darwin and Mumbai.

"She initiated the encounter," Ms Keene said, in the first confirmation from the Fiennes camp that an incident did occur.

"This woman seduced him on a plane. She was the sexual aggressor.

"Yet she said in her official statement (to Qantas) that he had initiated it... and virtually accused him of forcing himself upon her."

Asked if this meant Fiennes considered himself blameless, his PR manager reverted to her standard line: "I never comment on his personal life. I wouldn't comment on his actions."

Ms Keene also refused to either confirm or deny allegations that a relationship between Fiennes, 44, and Ms Robertson, 38, had continued once the plane touched down.

Asked if Fiennes could have turned down an apparent offer to join Ms Robertson in the toilet cubicle, Ms Keene said: "Of course he could have said no.

"The point I am making is that she initiated it. He didn't force himself upon her."

As fall-out from the incident continued, Fiennes held early-morning crisis talks with his London-based publicist from his hotel room in Bruges, where he is shooting a film with Hollywood bad boy Colin Farrell.

Ms Keene – who represents other celebrity clients including Jude Law and Kate Winslet – said Fiennes should not be expected to make any comment in defence of the honour of Ms Robertson.

And he should feel no guilt if Ms Robertson was sacked by Qantas or had to resign, she said.

Ms Keene said the flight attendant had changed her version of events at least twice, and had sold versions of her story to the highest bidder while Fiennes had kept a dignified silence.

"If you paid all the money in the world, it wouldn't buy him," Ms Keene said of her client.

"There's not enough money in the world that will make him respond in person.

"He never has, and he's never going to. The story is over now, as far as we are concerned."

The actor spent the evening standing in a picturesque market square in Bruges watching mate Farrell and a female co-star kiss for the cameras.

A relaxed Fiennes smiled broadly as the director offered Farrell, a notorious ladies' man, and his co-star hints on how to smooch better.

Ms Keen said she was personally angry at the way Ms Robertson had acted.

"I'm glad she's telling the truth at last. They are my words, not Ralph's," she said.

Ms Keen said she expected Sunday papers in Britain to carry further damaging claims from Ms Robertson against the star of The English Patient.

In all her years representing Fiennes – including two particularly dramatic break-ups – Ms Keene has rarely unleashed such a vigorous defence of the star.

Until now, her public statements since the incident hit the media spotlight have been restricted to a curt "No comment".

Fiennes refused to comment when approached yesterday.

http://www.news.com.au/images/sources/h14_sundaytelegraph.gif