PDA

View Full Version : Britney: 'I shaved my head because of lice'

OMEN
02-21-2007, 04:22 PM
Britney Spears was back in rehab after months of bizarre behaviour which culminated in her shaving off all her hair.

A source for the 25-year-old singer claimed she shaved her head because of lice: "She thought lice were eating her hair extensions, so decided to get rid of them as soon as possible."
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/02_02/BritneyRehabRTN_468x625.jpg
Britney reportedly checked herself into the Promises treatment centre in Malibu after a showdown with her mother, who was said to be at "breaking point".

Britney's erratic behaviour seemed to have started in 2004 when she married childhood friend Jason Alexander.

It was annulled after only 55 hours. Later that same year she married Kevin Federline, but filed for divorce last November and set off on a wild round of partying.

But it was the head-shaving incident that seemed to prove she was over the edge.

Her mother Lynne, 51, is believed to be behind Britney's decision after months of rows between the pair.

A source said: "Her mother cries and begs Britney to calm down, but Britney just yells at her and tells her to mind her own business."

Another source added: "Lynne was at a breaking point."

A spokesman for mother-of-two Britney said: "She has voluntarily checked herself into an undisclosed rehab facility.

"We ask that the media respect her privacy as well as that of her family and friends at this time."

This is her second attempt at rehab. Last Wednesday, Britney checked into Eric Clapton's Crossroads rehab clinic in Antigua - but stayed only 24 hours.

Tucked into the Santa Monica mountains, Promises claims to offer "uncommon luxury" and boasts that it offers the "finest rehab programme in the world"

It recently treated Mel Gibson for alcoholism and other clients have included Ben Affleck, Robert Downey Jr and Charlie Sheen.

DM

Shell
02-21-2007, 04:58 PM
hopefully this time she will get the help she so obviulsy needs and stick it out