PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Night's Main Event Cancelled

AFC1986
02-22-2007, 06:14 PM
Following on from the story that we broke a little earlier today, the decision to drop next month’s scheduled ‘Saturday Night’s Main Event’ special on NBC was made several days ago after NBC executives initially informed World Wrestling Entertainment that they planned to move the show to a later timeslot on Saturday, March 10.

The original plan was for the show to air at 9pm on NBC, but primarily as a result of the poor ratings that the last Saturday Night’s Main Event special did, the network made the decision to move the show back to a later timeslot. From there, NBC took the decision to cancel the show altogether as they were unsure about messing around with their existing schedules.

The decision will likely not have gone down well with WWE, as the focus of next month’s show was to heavily promote WrestleMania 23 on April 1. WWE were also looking to further push Donald Trump’s name and involvement with WWE right now to to push both the NBC show and WrestleMania.

International television companies (including BSkyB here in the UK) were informed of the decision earlier this week, with the plan right now being that NBC will air the next Saturday Night’s Main Event show this June. As things stand, no decision on a firm date for June has been made, and it may be that no announcement is made for a couple of months as NBC and other major US networks await the possibility of strike action by television producers and unions including the Screen Actors Guild and the Writers Guild of America over labour disruptions and contract terms.

WWE’s TV taping on Monday, March 5 in Phoenix, AZ, where Saturday Night’s Main Event was to be taped, will now be a standard live broadcast of Monday Night RAW.

source: wrestlemag.com

i don't think vince will be happy about this at all if he wanted this event to hype up wrestlemania like it did last year. because of this event being cancelled, i don't think there will be another snme for a long time

wwe9112
02-22-2007, 07:20 PM
maybe put snme on cbs or something

legolas4792
02-22-2007, 09:38 PM
i agree with wwe9112 why does it always have to be on nbc