PDA

View Full Version : The Worst WWF/WWE Champion Of All Time?

dashowstar
02-25-2007, 06:39 AM
In my opinion it would either have to be Kane who held the title for one whole day? I mean he beat Stone Cold at King Of The Ring in 1998 and on the very next Raw lost it right back to Austin. Or it could be Bob Backlund who at one time could have been regarded as the greatest WWF Champion of all time considering he held the WWE Title from 02-20-1978 to 12-26-1983 before losing to The Iron Shiek but also we must remember that he also held the title nearly 11 years after he first held it. When he won it on 11-23-1994 from Bret Hart but he would lose it only 3 days later to Diesel ( aka Kevin Nash ). Now it wasnt the shortest WWF/WWE Title reign in Championship History that honor would have to go to Kane. But his second and last title reign would be marked by the fact that he does hold the record for losing the title in the quickest time. He was pinned after the Jack Knife Power Bomb in a match lasting 8 seconds. Thats what you need to win a Bull Riding Contest and thats what Kevin Nash needed to pin Bob Backlund in the shortest WWE Championship match of all time. Kane had it for the least amount of time one whole day and lost it to the same man he beat for the title ( Stone Cold ). But Bob Backlund only held it for a mere 3 days and lost the title in 8 seconds but Backlund was also champion twice and his first run was for nearly five years. So as far as the worst of the worst. The Worst WWE Champion of all time would have to be in my own opinion Kane for only holding the WWE Championship for one day and then losing right back to Austin. Congratulations Kane you will forever be known as one of if not the worst WWE Champion Of All Time. At least thats how this guy see it. :kemo: So guys lets hear your opinions on who you think of as The Worst Champions and your reason why.

Will
02-25-2007, 07:44 AM
Now it wasnt the shortest WWF/WWE Title reign in Championship History that honor would have to go to Kane. Kane had it for the least amount of time one whole day and lost it to the same man he beat for the title ( Stone Cold ).

Yokozuna held the title for a matter of just a few minutes before losing to Hogan at WM IX, Andre the giant was stripped of his title almost immediately after he won it, and the title was lost within one day by 4 different champions, so Kanes one day reign isn't the record or even that unusual in the grand scheme of things.

Kizza
02-25-2007, 09:17 AM
Worst? John Cena. No0w im not hating on him, but its Vince basically. Cena has held the title wayyy too long, with even someone like Umaga's gimmick getting his ass handed to him at NYR and the Rumble. Worst since Backlund.

wwe9112
02-25-2007, 01:09 PM
Chyna if im not mistaking she held it and she was a femail

Will
02-25-2007, 05:05 PM
Chyna if I'm not mistaking she held it and she was a female
Chyna won the IC title, not the world title.

dashowstar
02-25-2007, 06:12 PM
Yeah was it Jeff Jarret that she beat? But also Yokozuna had already wrestled in a match before that at WM against Bret Hart and won the title back from Hogan later on at King Of The Ring. And wasnt it because he tried to sell the title to The Million Dollar Man? Which caused The Tournament For The Title at WM IV? Which in my opinion was a pretty bad WM.

dashowstar
02-25-2007, 06:17 PM
Also I remember watching for free that day the first Clash Of The Champions featuring Sting vs. Flair wrestling to a draw which was a hell of a match.

Spawn
02-25-2007, 06:21 PM
IMO, it was Rey....I thought he was a horrible champion. He didnt have the body or the excitment factor that the champions should have.

Will
02-25-2007, 06:29 PM
Yeah was it Jeff Jarret that she beat? But also Yokozuna had already wrestled in a match before that at WM against Bret Hart and won the title back from Hogan later on at King Of The Ring. And wasn't it because he tried to sell the title to The Million Dollar Man? Which caused The Tournament For The Title at WM IV? Which in my opinion was a pretty bad WM.

yep it was Jarrett, who reportedly got a quarter million dollars to lay down for Chyna in his last WWF match before jumping ship to WCW.

Mr Mando
02-25-2007, 06:58 PM
Booker T...i cant bare him when he is heel

dashowstar
02-25-2007, 07:50 PM
Yeah I always prefered Booker as a face as opposed to a heel

Platinum_Lies
02-27-2007, 05:45 AM
Everyone thinks I would say Cena, but there is one man that has held the belt which was pathetic: Vince McMahon. He won it on Smackdown! if I remember correctly and was one of the most horrible moments in WWE history. I'm surprised it hasn't happened today considering that wrestling is a joke.

Will
02-28-2007, 12:32 AM
Vince was huge when he won the title. Granted he is a very poor wrestler but he was the most hated man in the company at that point. The champion should be the guy that, as a heel, makes the people boo him more than anyone else and makes people tune in to see him get beat up and thats exactly what Vince Mcmahon did. I'll agree that he was one of the poorest wrestlers, but he was one of the most successful champions.

Platinum_Lies
02-28-2007, 12:40 AM
Storyline wise is may have worked briefly, but as a legitimate champion only Arquette's WCW reign was more ridiculous in all of wrestling. And at that time there was a plethora of talented heels to put the belt or keep the belt on. Hell, a face could have turned heel. Luckily the reign was short, but it still makes me grimace that Vince is a former WWE champion.

legolas4792
02-28-2007, 12:50 AM
vince i would say but good thing it wasnt a long run

dashowstar
02-28-2007, 06:19 AM
Vince as a champ was I do agree good storyline based but horrible too. But as far as heel champs go besides HHH I think Superstar Billy Graham was one of the best heel champs.

Platinum_Lies
03-01-2007, 04:14 AM
I was also impressed with JBL and Angle as heel champions, but it is hard to argue against HHH and Graham. The WWE needs an explosive heel champion right now, but considering there top heel talent is sparse it may be awhile. On RAW the only heels to have held the belt are Edge and Orton. And the next big heel below them that gets any reaction seems to be Nitro or Umaga. All the other stars are faces or get no reaction at all. While on Smackdown there is Kennedy, Booker T, and Finlay and ECW has only Holly. 8 top heels, 9 if you count McMahon, in a company of 100 or so superstars. It is pathetic.

(Top Faces: HBK, sadly Cena, Jeff Hardy, Carlito, Flair, Lashley, RVD, Matt Hardy, Batista, Taker, Kane, Benoit, Mysterio, and HHH. That is 14 top faces and I may be missing a few. That is nearly twice the amount of heels. What is worse though, is that the remaining 80 superstars are either ignored by McMahon or ignored by fans. Considering that at the zenith of the Monday Night Wars with ECW, WCW, and WWE all hitting their stride there was easily double that amount.)

bad_meetz_evil
03-01-2007, 12:44 PM
Sting once won the WHC in a singles match in the begining of Nitro Vs DDP to loose it to DDP in a fatal four way in the main event.

wm22champ
03-14-2007, 06:27 PM
edge...nuff said

GKY
03-14-2007, 07:33 PM
Deisel

aman.groopy
03-17-2007, 01:06 PM
rey mysterio or booker t... both are assholes