PDA

View Full Version : Highlights from Jim Ross' Blog 2/25/07, Sting in WWE HOF, WCW Return

Flair Country
02-25-2007, 09:17 PM
Jim Ross posted a number of answers to fan questions in his latest blog entry on www.JRsBarBQ.com. Highlight include:

*Mark Henry is back in the ring training for his in-ring comeback from his patella injury last year. Ross wrote, "Mark is a wonderful young man, but he must be able to stay healthy or he must move to the next phase of his life. Having surgery every year or two is not the way to live."

*Ross noted he wouldn't be surprised to see Sting go into the WWE Hall of Fame at some point, noting he's "a wonderful human being." He also noted that, in his opinion, Gordon Solie was a definite while Bill Watts was a "maybe."

*Ross also noted that he proposed a WWE Legends video game before leaving the Corporate hierarchy, but doesn't know if there's any plans for one in the future.

*On the next new WWE Star: "It could be one or more of several individuals. There are many who have potential, but will hopefully not use the tired, lame excuse of the company or other circumstances beyond their control are the only things standing between them and super stardom. To earmark 1-2 stars would put unfair pressure on them and until I see many of the developmental talents in person, I will withhold my guesses."

*On the potential return of WCW: "Only my opinion, but I don’t see the WCW brand returning. It would seem to me, with 3 brands, the WWE has all it can say grace over."

*Sylvester Terkay: "...better suited for MMA competition, than the sports entertainment world, as it would seem. Whatever makes one comfortable. Sylvester always treated me respectfully, as I did him. Sylvester is a great athlete who may need to work on his “killer instinct.” But not with me!"

*The idea of another Brawl for All: "If I never see another Brawl for All, it will be too soon. It may have been great for some fans, but for those of us who had to care for the injured talents, it was not a great experience."

*Brody and Abdullah: "I can definitely see the WWE doing a Bruiser Brody DVD someday. I also can’t wait to read the book on Brody, written by Frank’s widow and Larry Mataysik, coming out soon. Abdullah “retire?” You have to be kidding me! It will never happen."

*When asked about the great Khali, Ross referred to him as an attraction in the same vein as Haystacks Calhoun, Andre the Giant, and others who became stars due to their freakish appearance.

*Amy Dumas' WWE Departure: "I felt Lita’s departure from the WWE was a little underwhelming to say the least. Lita deserved more, in my opinion, and I miss seeing her every Monday. She has a wonderful soul and has great passion and I wish her nothing but great health and success. She was one of my hires and I am still a huge fan of her, as a woman and as a wrestler. Who knows, maybe someday she will be back."

Ross also wrote about the Rock N' Roll Express, his 1993 debut in the WWF, ECW's Extreme Expose, Bob Backlund's behavior, HHH appearing at Wrestlemania, a DX reunion, Rock and Steve Austin as WWE Hall of Famers, and much more.

PWInsider

F4L
02-25-2007, 11:04 PM
WCW's return?! I would be ecstatic if anything even remotely close to that happened! It's highly doubtful, and I don't even understand why it was brought up, but I would do anything to get the some taste of the old WCW days, as long as they don't ruin it, similar to ECW, so far.