PDA

View Full Version : What are Some Matches To Show Non Wrestling Fans To Turn Them Into Wrestling Fans?

F4L
02-26-2007, 06:36 AM
Now we all know that guy...the guy that just disrespects wrestling, and insults you for being a fan of a "fake" sport. A lot of people don't understand professional wrestling nowadays. They don't take into regard, what these men put on the line week in and week out. They think it's just an acting business where they fake every move that comes their way. I love to prove these fans wrong, showing them that yes, the matches and shows are scripted, but the intensity and electricity are real, and they are as real as it gets. Now to my point, what are some matches to show to non wrestling fans, to convert them to wrestling fans, just by them getting so into the match, that they are on the edge of their seat the whole time? I made a list of notable ones that come to my mind. When I think about some of the most electric not necessarily always the greatest matches of all time, these are the ones that I think a non wrestling fan, or wrestling hater would really enjoy...

Shawn Michaels vs. Bret Hart, 60 Minute Ironman Match from WM XII

Hollywood Hulk Hogan vs. Sting, WCW Starrcade '97

Hogan vs. Rock, WMX8

Rock vs. Austin, WM17

John Cena vs. HHH, WM22

Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant, WM 3

Hulk Hogan vs. The Ultimate Warrior, WM 6

These are just a few to pop into my head. I'm gonna try to make a DVD of the best/electric/giving it all types of matches and show it to my non wrestling fans that I have as friends to show them what the meaning of professional wrestling is all about!

wwe9112
02-26-2007, 01:47 PM
undertaker vs mankind(Sp)hell in a cell at the king of the ring because it shows that accidents do happen when taker threw mankind off of the top of the cell and he wasn't suppose to

edge vs Foley it was really a good match and it was a hardcore match

Ric flair vs Foley in a i quit match it was bloody and a good match

so just about any match Mick Foley is in lol

gator
02-26-2007, 01:53 PM
aj styles vs samoa joe vs christopher daniels. ultimate x match

mankind vs undertaker. hell in the cell match

the hardys vs edge and christian vs the dudleys. tlc match

rvd vs jerry lynn .

rey mysterio vs kidman vs juventude.

ChosenOne
02-26-2007, 04:02 PM
Hogan vs Sting from 97 would make the hater... even hate wrestling more... that match failed on many levels...

Some matches that could change their point of few.....

Razor Ramon/HBK... WM 10
Steiners/Sting and Luger... Super Brawl 1991
Joe/Styles/Daniels... UnBreakable 2005
AMW/Naturals... TNA weekly PPV
Bret/Austin.. WM 13
Bret/Owen... Summer Slam 1994

thats my opinion

dashowstar
02-26-2007, 05:19 PM
John Cena vs. HHH, WM22

Hulk Hogan vs. The Ultimate Warrior, WM 6

Cena in any match wont make a non fan into a fan or will watching The Ultimate Warrior and Hogan even tho when I was a kid I was a huge Warrior mark I had like 3 or 4 Warrior LJN figure. And the pillow buddy too lol. But as I got older I realized that he was just like Hogan a juiced moron with even less talent. I started watching older matches like Flair Race Steamboat Rhodes and saw great matches. I mean Dusty could talk and wrestle just as well but not better imo than Flair. Matches non fans should watch are any Flair and Steamboat matches. Flair vs. Race in the cage at the 1st Starcade. WM 3 Steamboat vs. Savage over Hogan vs. Andre any day. The Hart Foundation vs. The British Bulldogs circa 1985.

legolas4792
02-27-2007, 02:42 AM
show them a good rock match and theyll be like "omg that guy is in movies"

Butoden
02-27-2007, 04:13 AM
I remember pretty well that I saw on Youtube 'KURT ANGLE COMING TO TNA' and I was liek 'wut is this' so I viewed it and that's how I got into Wrestling. No matches, but Kurt Angle on YouTube :D

The Lost Soul 13
02-27-2007, 04:32 AM
I think it is truly dependent on the person you are trying to convince. If they are a glitz and glamour person go for something like a Rock vs Hogan. If you want to prove it to be somewhat of a legit sport go with something like a Benoit vs Angle Wrestlemania 17 which was a great match and didn't involve any weapons or any such thing. If the person is a car wrecky sort of loving person go with a Foley match, probably the Hell in a Cell with Undertaker.

wm22champ
03-28-2007, 07:30 PM
listen.........
no one match can make a non-wrestling fan a wrestling fan.
one day, during a match, they'll just say "ouch, now that looked real!"
....and now they're stuck.
then you remind him by F-U'ing him and showing him how it feels. lol

Pritch
03-28-2007, 09:15 PM
Razor Ramon vs. Shawn Michaels - Ladder Match! Favourite Match Of All Time!

Randy Orton vs. Undertaker - That Whole Feud Was Good

The First Ultimate X Match

Platinum_Lies
03-31-2007, 05:00 AM
Bret Hart v Rowdy Roddy Piper (WMVIII)
Hogan v Warrior (WMVI)
Hogan v Slaughter (WMVII)
Mr. Perfect v The Texas Tornado Kerry von Erich (Summerslam 90)
Hart v Hart (WMX)
HBK v Benjamin (RAW match)
HBK v Angle (WMXXI)
Sting v Cactus Jack (Take your pick, many good matches)
Demolition v Hart Foundation Two of Three falls (Summerslam 90 I believe)
Savage v Warrior (WMVII)
Royal Rumble 96
Elimination Chamber (Survivor Series 2002)
Mr. Perfect v Rowdy Roddy Piper (Supertape 91) The Match that made me obsessed with wrestling
Goldberg v Hogan (Nitro, looking back the match was only good but that crowd was absolutely exploding throughout the match)
Helms v the Cruiserwieghts (during the final months of WCW Helms carried that company)

That is all I can think of off the top of my head that could captivate a newcomer. Most of these matches were made by tension in the ring and the crowd, perfect in-ring pyschology, and great wrestling/brawls. Hogan v Warrior at WMVI is still the greatest match of all time: the "wresting" was great for two brawlers, the timing was perfect, the chemistry of the two men awesome, and that spectacular crowd overcomes me every time I watch the match. Too bad audiences don't get up and stay up for an entire match anymore.