PDA

View Full Version : Soccer Discussion Thread

Appels
04-07-2006, 02:58 PM
Discuss all the Soccer (any kind) goings ons and stuff here, and even rant.rave about the sport!

bad_meetz_evil
04-07-2006, 03:10 PM
http://www.webwombat.com.au/entertainment/humour/images/80soccer-kick.jpg

Thats had to hurt.

Discuss.

Just kidding. Seriously now, do you think that Arsenal are going to win the champions league?

Appels
04-08-2006, 04:50 PM
No. Arsenal will not win. With AC Milan, and Barcelona still in it, Arsenal stand no chance.

Barcelona is the BEST club team in all of soccer, with the likes of Ronaldhino, and the 'ole Patrick Kluivert of Holland.

AC Milan is another one of the top tier club teams, that looks to provide teams witha great amount of competition on the back end, as well as the front end of the lineup

As for Arsenal, they are a top tier team, and very well rounded at that, I just dont see them beating Milan, or Barcelona. They do stand a chance, but it is very slim.

bad_meetz_evil
04-08-2006, 05:54 PM
Well We will have to see between the match of AC Millan and Barcelona coming soon. But most English league clubs, usually pull of upsets, and shockers, such as last year when Liver Pool defeat AC Millan in the finals.

Dark Drakan
04-10-2006, 08:55 PM
I think Barcalona will win it IF they stay on good form, but this is the best chance Arsenal will have to win it for a long time.

Joe
04-17-2006, 05:58 PM
yup great chance for Arsenal to win and i hope they do. Barca look unbeatable sometimes though,Arsenal have played madrid and juve off the park so who knows?

Dmac
04-17-2006, 07:31 PM
The difference is though that Real are on a bad run as you can see with them being 3rd in La Liga and that game vs Juve the first leg I give it to Arsenal for that but the second leg Juve had no chance of coming back with all key player missing, I will say what I have said all season Barcelona will win it whether it be Arsenal who they beat in the final or any other team.

M-J
04-18-2006, 01:54 PM
ok guys, who do you think Will win the world cup, well actually i think it is brazil because they have this new guy called Robinho and they call him Pele Junior, because he has the tactics like Pele, but i also have in mind argentina and italy, you know becasuse argentina defeated brazil 3-2 and italy got strogner.

what about in the world cup 2-6 place, i actually have i mind that cote d'ivore will be one of those places because it is not a bad team, they have defeated france. discuss

Flair Country
04-25-2006, 04:54 PM
Unfortunately it wont be Italy because they can't keep everyone healthy even before the World Cup begins. I'd have to go with Brazil winning it again this time. They have a bottomless pool of talent there and should have no problem their skills against any other team out there.

Dmac
04-25-2006, 05:21 PM
Everyone says Brazil but I am not everyone else, I would say Spain, they have a very strong team now they have got very classy players and just because 4 of them come from Liverpool FC has nothing to do with it. They are an in general very strong team and this year I think they will rise up to take the world cup, but that is just my opinion on what will happen.

hellboy
04-27-2006, 04:18 PM
i would say either Brazil.. Argentina or Spain

King Placebo
05-06-2006, 01:21 AM
England.

Dmac
05-06-2006, 01:25 AM
KoC man you used to be mod you should know better not to spam like that jeez, dont do it again cause I will just delete it.

Slash
05-06-2006, 01:34 AM
Everyone knows deep down that Brazil will win it & as much as the English want to dream, they have no hope! Even though they have one of the best teams in the World, David Beckham isn't Captain material & Sven Goran Eriksson isn't the man for the job!

Dmac
05-06-2006, 01:47 AM
umm slash as of this week sven is not the man for the job anymore literally, Steve McLaren was appointed new England manager if you didn't know. On the other part of Beckham not being captain material, I agree totally, its should either be Gerrard or Terry but most defiantley not Beckham.

Slash
05-06-2006, 02:19 AM
Yeah, but McLaren won't be the manager until after the World Cup, August 1st is his first game in charge I believe!

King Placebo
05-06-2006, 04:44 AM
Wait, i name a team that i want/think will win and it is spamming, GTFO.

I know Brazil are the hot favourites, but i still believe in England to go through far.

Dmac
05-06-2006, 12:36 PM
Yes KoC it is 'England' is a one word post and in all 'Spam' I cant see anyone else doing it, can you? I dont want to argue, I just said dont do it again.

bad_meetz_evil
05-06-2006, 02:14 PM
Well I think Germany will snatch it this year, as their playing on their grounds. But who knows? With Zaidene playing his last few soccer matches with France, might boost them up. Although Brazil is most people favourites, with many big stars playing in it.

Dmac
05-06-2006, 08:07 PM
BME I beleive you mean Zidane, am I right?

King Placebo
05-08-2006, 10:13 AM
Yes, i'm sure he meant that. He can't spell, rit.

EclecticFinn
05-08-2006, 08:52 PM
I say congrats are in order for Barcelona winning the La Liga title and to Valencia for qualifying for next years Champions League.

Speaking of the Champions League. I think the final between Arsenal & Barcelona will be an excellent game. I don't know the status of Messi but in the games I saw he was excellent on the pitch. For me, the biggest quesion is whether or not they can get a goal against Jens Lehmann. He has been excellent in the net but I don't think the streak will go on, I think Barca will be the aggressor and will slip a goal or two by Lehmann

I think Barca will end up the winners but it will be a close, hard fought game. My prediction: Barca 2 - Arsenal 1

Dmac
05-08-2006, 09:34 PM
wait, your the EclecticFinn from soccer24-7 right? I'm guessing you followed my banner link lol.

EclecticFinn
05-08-2006, 09:55 PM
You are correct sir. Saw your ad and figured I'd check it out.

Dmac
05-08-2006, 09:57 PM
sweet.. did you put me as the referer when you signed up? lol

EclecticFinn
05-08-2006, 10:05 PM
I didn't because I couldn't remember who's ad link I clicked on. My brain fails me a lot.

the madscotsman
06-24-2006, 11:40 AM
I anything going to happen to that lanky cheating streak of pish peter crouch for pulling Brent sancho's hair. Didn't he score after it? cheating ****. and the comentators over here said that it's ok. if that was anybody againts the english then they would be going nuts. but because it's one of them they let it go. two faced fuckin' cunts.

Dmac
06-24-2006, 01:47 PM
Are you done bitching yet?

Ok then, well first of all you are only bitching like this because you are a scotsman and you are just bitter that England gets all the attention because we were the only british team to qualify, it's not our fault, we didn't help you lose because you were not even in our group, sure N.Ireland and Wales were and us qualifying had a hand in them not qualifying but that is not scotland.

Second, Peter Crouch get penelised by the referee all the time, almost every time he is on the ball the whistle blows and the opposite team gets a free kick and now you are whinign about the one time he doesn't, sheesh shut up really, referee's can not see everything.

the madscotsman
06-26-2006, 02:03 PM
He Pulled His Fuckin Hair, What Age Is He Eight. Who Pulls Hair. You Shut The Fuck Up!! Bitch!