PDA

View Full Version : Greatest 80's Tag Teams In Wrestling?

dashowstar
02-26-2007, 05:39 PM
NWA

1. The Road Warriors

2. The Fabulous Freebirds

3. The Midnight Express

4. The Rock n Roll Express

5. Tully Blanchard & Arn Anderson ( Known as The Brainbusters in WWF )

Honorable mentions go to The Steiners.

WWF

1. The Hart Foundation

2. The British Bulldogs

3. Demoliotion

4. Nikolai Volkoff and The Iron Shiek

5. Strike Force

Honorable Mentions go to The Rockers who just didnt make my cut as well as The Killer Bees.

Those arent in any particular order but what are your opinions?

Platinum_Lies
02-27-2007, 05:54 AM
The biggest teams of the 80's were the Legion of Doom/Road Warriors, the British Bulldogs, the Hart Foundation, and Demolition. The Rockers deserve some credit as well, but considering there huge year were the early 90's I can't put thim on this list.

It is fairly amazing how the tag team division fades in and out over the years as well. The late 80's, early 90's were classic, the belts were just as important as the world titles in WCW, then WWF, and NWA. Then there were a few stale years before the eruption of the E&C Dynasty, the Hardy's, the Dudleys, the APA, and the New Age Outlaws in the late 90's. Since it has been a while since the tag division has been important, the next surge should happen soon (push the tag teams WWE, push the tag teams)...

dashowstar
02-28-2007, 06:28 AM
Yeah tag teams need a huge push. I mean look at Bret Hart , Shawn Michaels , JBL , Edge , Christain , Booker T , The British Bulldog , Ron Simmons , Billy Gunn , The Road Dogg , Matt Hardy , Jeff Hardy and even Johnny Nitro they all came from Tag Teams. Alot of wrestlings top stars started out in Tag Teams its how we as the fans or marks came to know them and have them grow on us. I was ready to watch HBK and Bret Hart explode in the 90's.

legolas4792
03-01-2007, 01:04 AM
hart foundation hands down