PDA

View Full Version : 'Forrest Gump knows who I am'

OMEN
02-28-2007, 11:56 AM
http://vne-resource.iol.co.za/25/picdb/7/1/99186
Victoria Beckham
London - David Beckham's wife Victoria told of how she was wowed by meeting Tom Hanks at a Hollywood party, which she said she may never "get used to", in an interview published on Wednesday.

The former Spice Girl, who is looking to buy a house in Los Angeles after her husband signed a contract to play with the Major League Soccer's Los Angeles Galaxy, also stressed to the Daily Mirror that she was more of a doting mother and led a simpler life than the British tabloid press portrayed.

"I was at a party the other day when Tom Hanks came bounding over," she told the Mirror.

"He said, 'I'm so thrilled you and David are coming over. I'm going to get a season ticket to watch LA Galaxy now'.

"All the time he was talking I was just thinking, 'It's Forrest Gump!' And he knows who I am!"

Beckham, 32, who was known as "Posh" in her Spice Girl days, continued: "I don't know if I'll ever get used to that when we move here."
Her 31-year-old husband signed a five-year, 250-million-dollar contract with the Galaxy last January while still with his current team, Spanish side Real Madrid, and will join the Galaxy from July.

"Posh" also insisted to the Mirror that she was more of a homebody than British tabloids - which often carry pictures of her emerging from late-night parties or nightclubs - would like the public to believe.

"I'm usually with David and the boys ... I have three children, I work hard and when I'm not working I'm at home with the kids."

"The children aren't spoiled. We live a relatively simple life at home."

She added: "Am I going to start going to clubs with Britney Spears every night? Possibly not."

People