PDA

View Full Version : Shaq Fined $15,000 for Officials Criticism

W-OLF
04-08-2006, 01:56 AM
NEW YORK (AP) - Shaquille O'Neal was fined $15,000 Friday for criticizing referees and an NBA senior vice president after the Miami center was for called for five fouls in the Heat's loss to New Jersey.

"That was the most ridiculous game I've ever been part of," O'Neal said after the 90-78 loss Sunday. "When you got a guy like Stu Jackson at the top, it shows why referees are the way they are. It starts at the top.

"There was a lot of flopping today and they just fell for it. They make these rules up and they don't follow them. We all know there's a double standard. I just wish they wouldn't make it so obvious."

O'Neal was called for two offensive fouls in the first half, one for elbowing New Jersey's Jason Collins in the jaw. He picked up three more fouls in the third quarter, including two fouls in a span of 11 seconds.

Heat coach Pat Riley also voiced his displeasure with the officiating, but said if a team complains too much about it, the league issues a fine.

"We're caught between a rock and a hard place," Riley said.

O'Neal is tied for the league lead in personal fouls this season with Atlanta's Al Harrington at four per game.
credit BellSouth

The Lost Soul 13
04-08-2006, 02:05 AM
Fining Shaq for $ 15 000 is the equivalent of fining me like $ 25. Inconvienience? Yes, but at the same time it really doesn't hit that hard.