PDA

View Full Version : 'Slaughtered' couple removed from ceremony

OMEN
03-03-2007, 12:42 AM
Kate Moss and boyfriend Pete Doherty were kicked out of the Shockwave NME Awards on Thursday night.

The supermodel was due to present an award to Primal Scream, whose lead singer Bobby Gillespie is a close friend, but never made it to the stage.

Pete was seen slipping a spoon up his sleeve and security staff feared the drug addict was planning to use the utensil to cook-up heroin and confronted him.

A security guard said: "Pete picked up a spoon off the table and went towards the toilets. We stopped him and showed him out."

Kate was reportedly found in the toilets looking "completely slaughtered".

Security removed the couple from the ceremony at London's Hammersmith Palais at 8.30pm.

Former Clash star Mick Jones replaced Kate to present the prestigious Godlike Genius award to Primal Scream. In his acceptance speech, Bobby referred to Kate, saying: "I don't know where she is."

Earlier in the evening, Kate beat The Gossip singer Beth Ditto to be crowned Sexiest Female.

Other winners - all voted for by readers of the British music magazine - included Muse who took Best British Band and the Arctic Monkeys who claimed the Best Album accolade for their LP Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I Am Not and Best Music DVD.

Kasabian were named Best Live Band, while Best New Band went to Klaxons and Best International Band was awarded to My Chemical Romance.

The show was closed by Primal Scream with Jones joining the band for a blistering performance of The Clash's classic 1978 hit (White Man) In Hammersmith Palais.

Bang Showbiz