PDA

View Full Version : Blown Opportunities

Abhishek_Divekar
03-05-2007, 05:32 PM
Well WWE once had AJ Styles,Christopher Daniels,Senshi (Low Ki).......And they let them go....What are some of the others that WWE had that they let go and ended up being known???

Butoden
03-05-2007, 05:47 PM
Daniels got in a tryout match and was told to just show what he got. He hit his head when he tried the B.M.E. early in the match and still finished it, he got in WCW I believe and worked with guys like Lance Storm before WCW went broke or WWE bought it, and WWE choose to let Daniels go / not to take him into WWE so they technically never had Daniels, they refused him lol. Never knew about AJ Styles and Low Ki, if they let those guys go they're fools cuz those are some of the best technical wrestlers and high flyers in the business, just look at their ROH matches.

What about Gail Kim? They let her go quite suddenly I believe and I still don't know why... >_>'

Big Evil
03-05-2007, 06:31 PM
Well Gail Kim was around for a while, but I believe what it came down to was developing other divas and having nothing for her in creative. However, I feel she is doing fine now, although she isn't doing much in the way of matches.

XXKSXX
03-05-2007, 11:57 PM
If the WWE had those three maybe they wouldn't have achieved the things they have achieved in there careers.

legolas4792
03-06-2007, 12:30 AM
i think scott steiner could have been big in wwe

ChosenOne
03-06-2007, 01:34 AM
Daniels got in a tryout match and was told to just show what he got. He hit his head when he tried the B.M.E. early in the match and still finished it, he got in WCW I believe and worked with guys like Lance Storm before WCW went broke or WWE bought it, and WWE choose to let Daniels go / not to take him into WWE so they technically never had Daniels, they refused him lol. Never knew about AJ Styles and Low Ki, if they let those guys go they're fools cuz those are some of the best technical wrestlers and high flyers in the business, just look at their ROH matches.
'

Styles/Lo Ki were never in OVW they were just local jobbers for WWE Metal..

Daniels had one match in WCW and nearly broke his neck against Mike Modest... WCW released him, so he was never under contract

He would go back to UPW...

Honestly WWE would prolly just bury these guys anyway...

Platinum_Lies
03-06-2007, 03:21 AM
It can be argued that the WWE let Christian get away as well. One of the best wrestlers in the business continually held down and now he is the NWA champ in TNA.

But the problem with the WWE is that most of the undercard are stuck in contracts and languish in OVW or HEAT/Velocity. The WWE is exactly as WCW was during its collapse, keep the top talent at the top and don't push the actual talent in the business (Benjamin anyone...).

flamesoffury
03-06-2007, 04:32 AM
Well WWE once had AJ Styles,Christopher Daniels,Senshi (Low Ki).......And they let them go....What are some of the others that WWE had that they let go and ended up being known???

where is kurt angle? :hmm:

F4L
03-06-2007, 05:34 AM
It can be argued that the WWE let Christian get away as well. One of the best wrestlers in the business continually held down and now he is the NWA champ in TNA.

But the problem with the WWE is that most of the undercard are stuck in contracts and languish in OVW or HEAT/Velocity. The WWE is exactly as WCW was during its collapse, keep the top talent at the top and don't push the actual talent in the business (Benjamin anyone...).

John Cena vs. Christian feud would have been gold. The Jericho, Cena, Christian feud was too short to be any good, and Christian took off shortly after that. The whole Alliance storyline was a HUGE blown opportunity too.

And did you know, Samoa Joe had a match with Essa Rios on WWF Jakked in 2001? Hah, its in Wrestling Media here, quite funny actually.

Superkick Kid
03-08-2007, 04:04 PM

Benjamin was givin a MITB Qualifying match and he fell on his head. Dont give me any of that WWE not letting people rise up the ranks crap.

MVP and Kennedy are totally on the rise. Orton is in the Main Event scene. I expect Kennedy to be WHC by the end of this year.

Johnny Nitro is doing well, but he's not going to be pushed into the main event when he isnt ready for it.

Punk will be climbing up the ranks soon. He's expected to head to Raw after Wrestlemania.

Guydudeman
03-09-2007, 12:05 AM
Benjamin was givin a MITB Qualifying match and he fell on his head. Dont give me any of that WWE not letting people rise up the ranks crap.

MVP and Kennedy are totally on the rise. Orton is in the Main Event scene. I expect Kennedy to be WHC by the end of this year.

Johnny Nitro is doing well, but he's not going to be pushed into the main event when he isnt ready for it.

Punk will be climbing up the ranks soon. He's expected to head to Raw after Wrestlemania.

Dude MVP is like 32 and Benjamin wasn't supposed to win.

Platinum_Lies
03-09-2007, 03:53 AM

Many stars have screwed up in the ring, hell ECW made that a trademark of their show (You F**ked up chant). Benjamin, like Hardy, attempts many high risk manuevers and once in a while screw up the move (I remember when Jeff fell off the barrier trying his running senton).

MVP is awesome in the ring, but with that ring attire the WWE coulnd't push him if they wanted. Kennedy's push is odd at best. The WWE push him hard then let him fade until pushing him again (Headlining Smackdown and championship shots on PPVs to a minor feud with Lashley back to a push on Smackdown again).

If that is your argument for Nitro, then why the hell did men like Cena (no wrestling ability) and Rey Mysterio (good talent, but not championship material) ever get the belt. And Nitro does not have to win the belt, just consistently contend for it.

Punk has only recently been pushed in any regard. When he first came into ECW he wrestled nobodies and then with matches such as the Elimination Chamber he was misused. And then of course he started losing matches and being booked in nothing matches. The only push he has recieved is getting the MITB match at Wrestlemania.