PDA

View Full Version : Myleene Klass takes on CNN role

OMEN
03-05-2007, 10:07 PM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42640000/jpg/_42640513_klass_203.jpg
Klass has also presented on CD:UK and the X Factor
Former Hear'Say singer Myleene Klass is to present the first film show on international news network CNN.

The 29-year-old, who was a runner-up on last year's I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here, will front The Screening Room from 30 March.

Producers say the show will feature red carpet events, Hollywood interviews and reports from film festivals.

Klass, currently a presenter on Classic FM, said she was "overwhelmed" at being chosen to present the show.

"CNN has kudos and gravitas all over the world, and that strong brand will ensure that I will get the very best interviews," she said.

Pop and classical

The news channel's senior vice-president, Rena Golden, said: "Myleene is a talented presenter and The Screening Room is an ideal international platform to showcase her talents."

Klass rose to fame on the ITV reality show Pop Stars, where she was chosen to become a member of pop group Hear'Say.

After the band split in 2003, she pursued a classical career, receiving a nomination at the classical Brit awards for her Moving On album, which mixed classical pieces with pop songs arranged for the piano.

She has also taken on several TV presenting roles, including a stint on ITV chart show CD:UK and the most recent series of X Factor.

BBC