PDA

View Full Version : TNA losing their rights to the NWA titles and name?

AFC1986
03-05-2007, 11:19 PM
Mike Johnson is reporting that TNA will be losing the rights to the NWA name and the NWA titles in the next several months. TNA has plans to introduce their own set of World and Tag Team titles very soon. One scenario being discussed would see Samoa Joe win the NWA title and then toss it down saying he's the TNA champion instead much like Shane Douglas did in ECW back in 1995.

Over the weekend, at an NWA show in Canada, Bryan Danielson made a challenge saying he wants to be the NWA champion. The NWA committee met and once the titles are gone from TNA Danielson is in line to be the next champion.

source: gerweck.net

i think it's smart of tna to do this, as this will give them a chance to breakaway from the nwa completely and truly make a name for themselves

XXKSXX
03-05-2007, 11:48 PM
I don't mind this because TNA is big enough to stand on it's own now they don't need the NWA. I do like that they did have some history with the belts. But I think it's time for TNA to make there own history. But I don't want them to do it the way ECW did it cause then they will be just copying what ECW did back in the day. But they should have a wrestler from TNA hold the new TNA heavyweight belt first not a x WWE guy. I think that would state off the new era of TNA with a bang, because this would for sure start a new era of TNA if they change belts.

legolas4792
03-06-2007, 01:08 AM
whats the difference they could call it the crapper world championship for all i care

Butoden
03-06-2007, 01:31 AM
Poor Dudleyz, all they came to TNA for was to win the legendary NWA World Title Belts, perhaps they have to go to ROH now? Is that what you're saying? NWA belts to ROH?

wwe9112
03-06-2007, 01:40 AM
TNA TNA now tna rises to the top if they get a larger timeslot and a better tv station spike cant keep them on the same time for more that 2 months theve been in so many timeslots i dont even know when they are on any more......true storry lol

Will
03-06-2007, 01:55 AM
TNA TNA now tna rises to the top if they get a larger time slot and a better tv station spike cant keep them on the same time for more that 2 months they have been in so many time slots i don't even know when they are on any more......true story lol

What would be better than their current station? Spike TV is available in 50 million American households and there isn't another station in the world that would put them in a Primetime Thursday night slot with 1.0 ratings.

Flair Country
03-06-2007, 03:04 AM
Poor Dudleyz, all they came to TNA for was to win the legendary NWA World Title Belts, perhaps they have to go to ROH now? Is that what you're saying? NWA belts to ROH?

The way that I heard it is that NWA was going to try to come back on their own, once they have acquired their titles back. I'm not sure what kind of roster they are going to pull together though.

I like the fact that TNA has the NWA titles though, it gives the company roots to history. I guess that if they are going to introduce their own titles, sooner would be better than later.