PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Angle says he's better than UFC champ, wants to fight in UFC and discusses TNA

LionDen
03-06-2007, 03:07 AM
TNA star Kurt Angle appeared on Bubba the Love Sponge today on Sirius satellite radio. Jagger K sent along the following highlights:

- Kurt briefly promoted this Sunday's PPV.

- Kurt said that Scott Steiner could not kick his a** in a shoot fight and Steiner knows it.

- A long discussion of Kurt's amateur and collegiate wrestling background where all his achievements were discussed.

- Kurt’s brother Eric works for a lighting company. Kurt said he was shafted and misdiagnosed by the doctors regarding the care he received for his arm injury.

- Bubba asked Kurt about Hogan, Big Show andTest and said he talked to TNA about them as well as Brock and Goldberg. Angle noted Vince is ripe for the picking. He said Wrestlemania is all about Vince and Trump. Kurt said he is desperate. Kurt said, "I can't say" regarding Jericho coming in and "no comment" regarding Jericho signing a TNA contract. Kurt also said that he never "lies" to Bubba.

- Kurt said he was "Mr. Put Em Over" when it came to WWE and lost more than he won.

- More talk about TNA taking over the top spot from WWE soon

- Played a clip of Dana White (UFC) where he called Kurt "full of sh**" when discussing his involvement in UFC and the chance that he could kick ass in UFC. White called Kurt "busted up". Kurt said Dana is mad because Kurt turned down UFC in favor of TNA and Dana wanted him exclusively. Angle claimed hat TNA is now beginning to talk to UFC again about him coming in. Kurt said he is torn between TNA and shoot fighting and which he wants to do more.

- Kurt said Randy Couture would train him for anything in UFC

- They discussed Randy Couture's UFC fight. Kurt said he and Randy is a fight everyone wants to see. Angle said he cannot say if he would beat him, but Kurt said he is a better wrestler and discussed more amateur accolades & said he is a lot better wrestler then Randy.

- Kurt said Dana White told Angle he cannot be in TNA and UFC at the same time so that is why the deal fell through but said Dana said Kurt would draw the biggest buyrate ever in UFC.

- Bubba called Dixie a great businesswoman and asked if Dixie would give him time off to train for UFC, Kurt said she said yes and now its up to Dana/UFC to say yes.

Angle said that Pro EliteXC and IFL both made him offers. Kurt plugged both as stock investments and that both companies are competition to UFC & Dana should reconsider getting Kurt involved.

- More UFC discussion & who Kurt would fight in UFC. One of Bubba's crew (Spice) asked Kurt when something would ever happen regarding MMA because Kurt has been talking this way for months. Kurt said when the time is right and he learns more styles he would be ready. They discussed Kurt fighting Mirko CroCop and how Kurt would fight him.

- Bubba finally brought the conversation back to TNA and the Destination X PPV. Bubba asked what day the PPV was. Kurt said Sunday then told Bubba to talk to Dana about him coming into UFC and agreed to a live conference call between him & Dana on Bubba's show.

- Kurt said TNA is important to him but he really wants to fight and Dixie Carter knows that.

- More UFC discussion. Kurt mentioned he told Vince he wanted to fight shoot and Vince said OK, but Kurt broke his neck.

- Spice asked Kurt if he would leave TNA for UFC. Kurt said he cannot because he is "The franchise of TNA" and gave Dixie his word.

- Kurt mentioned he would be UFC's biggest draw and that he is more known than any UFC fighter.

- They discussed how Kurt doing both UFC/TNA would be great for both companies but the ball is in Dana's court

- Ended the interview with Bubba (not Kurt) plugging the TNA PPV by only mentioning Angle/Steiner then right back to discussing Kurt in UFC.

- Kurt spent over 90% of the time discussing UFC and not TNA or the PPV.

AFC1986
03-06-2007, 11:58 AM
i think angle is getting too full of himself and i find it rather pathetic. he needs to stop repeadtly talking about how he wasn't used properly in the wwe and how good he'd be in a shoot fight and concentrate on his wrestling

Big Evil
03-06-2007, 06:28 PM
Well we all know about the physical problems that he has, so he shouldn't get in the mindframe that he can do whatever he wants, and that he is in the condition he used to be. Kurt would not fare well in shoot fighting.

legolas4792
03-07-2007, 12:29 AM
kurt angle is one of my favs but his mental state is in question

Vinnyspapa
03-08-2007, 09:01 PM
Angle is completely full of himself. The guy is getting worse every time he opens his mouth. I hope he gets into MMA just so he can get annihalated and come down off his mountain top.

XXKSXX
03-09-2007, 12:01 AM
I think Angle would do ok in UFC but I think his body is so worn out that in the end he would lose. But he really is good he did win Gold medals so he does have some skills but he probably really hasn't used those skills for awhile now and would be pretty rusty I would think.

Guydudeman
03-09-2007, 12:11 AM
He never lies?!?!?! Just like how Impact beat Smackdown right? He's turned into a complete moron just lieng to try to tear down a company. Says a lot about Bubba haha. He has wrestlers call in. great Job

bigdaddybaughman
03-09-2007, 12:36 AM
angle running his mouth is kind of funny because he may have been a gold metalest but his entertainment value is a two. Every great amature wrestler complains that they are so poorly used but for all thier skill they can't entertain they may wrestle but its wrestling as Vince has said many times

scrich321
03-11-2007, 12:14 AM
If Angle ever fought for the UFC against anyone it would have one of the top 10 PPV buy rates ever!