PDA

View Full Version : OVW..House Show Report.....Austin IN

OMEN
04-10-2006, 09:58 AM
OVW ran a fundraiser for the local Firefighters at the County High Gym in Austin, Indiana. The house shows in OVW are much different than the Wednesday night TV Tapings at the Davis Arena in Louisville.

(1) Ryan Reeves & Mikey Batts defeated Jack Bull & Vic Devine in the opening match. Reeves and Batts, who teamed in a dark match Wednesday at the tv tapings (which I couldn't get into because they were full by 7:15 and were already turning people away). They make a weird looking but entertaining tag team. Jack Bull gets great heat. Local hero Johnny White came out to ringside for Reeves and Batts. Jack Bull took a walk and left Devine to fend for himself. It was all over from there. Devine was pretty good too.

(2) Beth Phoenix defeated Roni Jonah via disqualification when Shelly ran in and started pounding on Beth. Roni is the OVW amateur who is also Seth Skyfire's true life girlfriend.

(3) Elijah Burke pinned Rene Dupree but then for no real reason Dupree gave Elijah a DDT on a chair after the match. Nothing special.

(4) Domino, Deuce, and Cherry Pie beat OVW Southern Tag Team Champions Kasey James and Roadkill and their partner Serena. Lots of comedy spots in this match. Serena is an OVW amateur who works really hard. Serena had Cherry Pie beat, but the Untouchables reversed the situation and Cherry scored the pin on Serena, which got a lot of heat.

(5) The Highlanders beat Tytus and Loco when one of the Highlanders pinned Loco.

(6) OVW Champion Brent Albright NC Chet The Jet when Aaron "The Idol" Stevens ran in to break up a pin attempt, I guess based on the fact Albright and Stevens did the Double DDT to Chet on tv a few weeks ago. I heard at the tv tapings, Idol called himself "Mr. Big Time" in a pre tape, but no reference to it here. No reference to Albright's Smackdown name change either. CM Punk made the save, so they made it a tag team affair.

(7) CM Punk and Chet the Jet defeated OVW Champion Brent Albright and Idol Stevens when Punk pinned Albright.

(8) Local hero Johnny White won a battle royal when he eliminated Jack Bull. I was lost at this point, at there was so much chaos at the end of the tag team match, followed by everyone running into the ring, and then they announced a battle royal.

Information on OVW shows, and directions to the Davis Arena for the Wednesday TV Tapings are available on www.ovwrestling.com. You can also get information on how to purchase the tv shows on monthly DVDs.

1wrestling