PDA

View Full Version : Robbie Williams is out of rehab

OMEN
03-07-2007, 10:17 PM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42650000/jpg/_42650551_williams_gettya203b.jpg
Robbie Williams went into rehab on his 33rd birthday
Singer Robbie Williams has come out of rehab after spending three weeks in a clinic in Arizona being treated for a dependency on prescription drugs.

Williams' spokeswoman confirmed he was out and said the singer would now continue with an "after-care programme in Los Angeles".

He is being looked after by his mother Jan and a drink and drugs counsellor, who has flown to the US.

The former Take That star checked himself in on his 33rd birthday.

It was not the first time the British star had been in rehab. He was also treated for a drink and drug addiction after leaving the boy band in 1995.

'Added pressure'

Speaking on the day Williams went back into rehab, his mother told BBC Radio Stoke it was a "gift" for her that he sought treatment.

"He's a very public figure and all the media attention at the moment is added pressure on him," she said.

Last year, the he took part in a BBC documentary on bipolar disorder, in which he spoke frankly of his experience with depression.

He admitted to taking antidepressants and said his condition made him "stop going out".

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42573000/jpg/_42573855_takethatpa_203.jpg
Take That scooped best single at the Brit Awards
"I'd get up in front of 40,000 people and say: 'Look at me, I'm ace,'" he said.

"Then as soon as I got off stage, I'd get in the tour coach and go back to my bedroom and pull the duvet over my eyes."

In another TV interview, broadcast in 2004, Williams said he only gave up drugs and alcohol because they made him too fat.

Meanwhile, Williams' former Take That bandmates are enjoying a hugely successful comeback.

Their new single Shine is at number one in the UK charts, they recently won a Brit Award for best single and have just announced another UK tour.

Williams' career, however, has taken a downturn in recent months.

The singer, who has won more Brit Awards than any other artist, was only nominated for one gong this year - best British live act - which he failed to win.

His latest album, Rudebox, was panned by critics and the first single from the album only reached number four in the UK.

In September, his Asian tour was called off because of stress and exhaustion.

BBC