PDA

View Full Version : Damon calls Oasis Brits award unnecessary

OMEN
03-08-2007, 01:07 PM
Damon Albarn has slammed Oasis for appearing at the Brit Awards.

The former Blur singer - who has been feuding with brothers Liam and Noel Gallagher since the Blur versus Oasis Britpop chart battle of the mid-90s -
says it was "unnecessary" for Oasis to accept the Outstanding Contribution To Music award and perform at last month's ceremony.

Damon told Britain's NME magazine: "The Brits is like the shopping channel for famous people. I don't really understand why Noel and Liam did the awards, it didn't seem necessary. Their contribution is obvious.

"They're certainly better than Sting, so why put yourself in a position when you're putting yourself into a linage following him? I don't understand it."

Noel - who said he hoped Damon would "catch Aids and die" at the height of their feud - recently said he liked Damon's new band The Good, The Bad and
The Queen.However, Damon insists he will never be friends with the Oasis guitarist.

He said: "I can't make it up with Noel. Britpop would be over and heaven forbid that we'd ever admit we'd all grown up! Britpop still reigns supreme over Britain as a musical force and will do until Blur and Oasis split."

Bang Showbiz