PDA

View Full Version : J.Rs new blog entry discusses Austin on RAW, Lawler Hall of Fame, Jericho and more

LionDen
03-08-2007, 05:29 PM
Jim Ross has posted his latest blog entry, which you can check out by clicking here (http://www.jrsbarbq.com/blog/2007/03/08/austin-jopa-vs-hulk-qbs-russell-vs-quinn-robo-cop-fiasco-announcing-secrets-raw-tv-ratings/#more-115).

Some highlights:

- Ross put over the ovation Steve Austin got at Raw, and noted that he and Jerry Lawler purposely did not talk over the crowd reaction so as not to take away from the moment.

- Concerning Undertaker vs. Batista at Wrestlemania, JR pointed out that he has never written that he thinks Undertaker would lose. JR does expect the match to close Wrestlemania 23, but that is "only my assumption".

- Ross addressed the issue over why so many wrestling legends are overtly negative, noting that some are bitter over their own financial mistakes and the fact that many wrestlers today make more money than they did.

- Concerning rumors of Hulk Hogan starting his own wrestling company, Ross states it is "highly unlikely" and that "Hulk is too smart to go there".

- Jim Ross will not be inducting Jerry Lawler into the Hall Of Fame. Ross notes that Lawler has someone else in mind, and that each inductee selects their presenter.

- Regarding Chris Jericho, Ross writes: "he’s enjoying life, spending time with his wife and kids, and continuing to focus on his diverse and multi-faceted interests. I don’t think we have seen Chris Jericho have his last wrestling match, but where he next hangs his shingle is TBD."

Ross also addresses Robocop in WCW ("horrendous"), whether announcers get scripts for the show, adding more championships to ECW, Mick Foley's book, Orlando hosting Wrestlemania next year, why he still enjoys the business and more.

Black Widow
03-08-2007, 10:11 PM
thanks for posting lion :)

legolas4792
03-08-2007, 11:29 PM
hulk would probably demand to go over all of his employees

da1redgem
03-10-2007, 05:39 AM
I think Jim Ross definitely needs to be inducted into the Hall of Fame. What is the WWE's problem with him? It's like they take him for granted.