PDA

View Full Version : RAW House Results - 9th Apr 2006 (Cedar Rapids, Iowa)

LionDen
04-11-2006, 04:08 AM
RAW House Results - 9th Apr 2006

I attended the RAW House Show earlier today in Cedar Rapids (not to be confused with the SmackDown House Show in Grand Rapids today as well). Here is a quick recap of everything that went down:

- Carlito defeated Chris Masters. Pretty decent match to open the show up with. The fans warmed up to Carlito as the babyface in the match. Masters did a good job working the crowd against him.

- Goldust defeated Matt Striker. Lots of entertainment with this one. At one point, Striker wanted to do a traditional wrestling match and told Goldust he would get down on all fours so he could "mount" him. This got some laughs and Striker tried to correct himself, saying Goldust can get "behind him." Goldust was really over with the crowd in Cedar Rapids.

- Eugene defeated Lance Cade. After the match, Umaga and Armando Alejandro Estrada came out. Umaga attacked Eugene. Estrada built up Umaga to the crowd. He even called Umaga his own personal weapon of mass destruction. Estrada must be a fan of TNA's Abyss and James Mitchell. This went into...

- Umaga defeated Viscera. Not a very impressive match. It ended with Umaga hitting a flying headbutt for the win.

- Shelton Benjamin defeated Rob Van Dam to retain the WWE Intercontinental Title. Benjamin came out in shades and a gold chain putting over his new persona. He told announcer Justin Roberts something and Roberts told the crowd that Benjamin wanted everyone to stand up and clap for the MVP of WrestleMania 22. RVD was also way over with the crowd and they introduced him as the 2006 Money in the Bank. It ended with both Benjamin and RVD getting in numerous rollups until Benjamin got in the last one holding the ropes for the win.

- Mickie James won a Divas Battle Royal to retain the WWE Women's Title. This was a very quick match. Others in the match included Trish Stratus, Victoria, Torrie Wilson, Candice Michelle and Maria. James still has her hair and outfit just like Trish Stratus. I didn't keep track of who eliminated who. It finished with James tossing Trish out and Trish attacking her quickly. The crowd was very into Mickie and Trish. A heard a few boo's for Trish though.

===INTERMISSION===

- The Cutting Edge Segment: Edge and Lita came out first. Edge bragged about beating "The Hardcore Legend" Mick Foley at WrestleMania 22. They then introduced Hacksaw Jim Duggan who again was way over with the crowd. They did the usual "HOOOOOO" routine with Lita and it finished with Edge hitting Duggan over the back with the 2x4.

- Kane & Big Show defeated World Tag Team Champions The Spirit Squad via DQ. Kane & Big Show got a monster pop from the crowd. Say what you want about the tag title change on RAW last week, but all members of The Spirit Squad are very entertaining. They are great at interacting with the crowd, jumping around and acting off the wall. It finished with either Mitch or Johnny hitting Big Show with a megaphone to cause the DQ. After this, Kane & Big Show gave all members of The Spirit Squad a chokeslam. A funny moment took place when Kane & Big Show left and all of The Spirit Squad were down in the ring and then raised the tag titles and arms in the air while still selling the attack on the mat.

- John Cena defeated Triple H in a Street Fight to retain the WWE Championship. Triple H came out first and got what I felt was one of the biggest reactions of the night. That was until John Cena came out. Easily the biggest reaction of the night by far. There were a few small sections booing Cena, but this wasn't like Chicago at all. Anything Cena did was way over. Of course, the crowd was filled with lots of young kids so you could tell from the start what type of a reaction Cena was going to get. They went outside of the ring a few times, exchanging shots to the head with the microphone that made a loud THUD over the PA system. Triple H brought in a steel chair and part of the steel steps as weapons. Edge interfered and gave both Triple H and Cena a Spear. Triple H gave Edge a Pedigree and then this went into Cena hitting the FU on Triple H for the win.

Overall, I would say this was a very average show. I even had extremely low expectations going into the event as I was in Chicago last week for the Hall of Fame and WrestleMania 22. Not a horrible show, but I don't think everyone went home satisfied.

Report By: Adam Martin