PDA

View Full Version : Ballack in 'serious' Chelsea talks

bad_meetz_evil
04-14-2006, 10:53 AM
http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2006/SPORT/football/04/13/ballack.chelsea.reut/story.ballack2.getty.jpg

BERLIN, Germany (Reuters) -- Germany's World Cup captain Michael Ballack says he is in "serious" talks regarding a move to Chelsea from Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich.

"Nothing has been decided yet and nothing signed but I'm in serious talks with Chelsea," Ballack, 29, said on the sidelines of a book presentation in Munich.

Ballack has spoken with Chelsea coach Jose Mourinho. "You can assume that I had a good feeling during that conversation. I have a feeling for myself and I know what I want," he said.

The midfielder star's contract at Bayern runs out at the end of the season.

Ballack has rejected a reported offer of 36 million euros ($43.76 million) to sign a new deal with the German champions and his agent Michael Becker said on Wednesday that they were in advanced negotiations about a move to Chelsea.

Ballack added on Thursday that he hoped the transfer could be completed before the World Cup begins on June 9 so that discussions or speculation about his future would not interfere with Germany's preparations for the tournament.

"At the age of 29 this is my last chance to make a move abroad," Ballack said. "Chelsea is a top club that is very strong in the league in England and play very, very good in international competition."

Ballack admitted that he was annoyed at Bayern Munich executives for recently questioning his motives and character.

Commercial manager Uli Hoeness told Kicker newspaper on Monday that he believed Ballack was interested in getting acquainted with a "new currency" more than a new language or culture.

Bayern president Karl-Heinz Rummenigge had also questioned Ballack's character in big matches.

"I was a bit irritated by the comments from Uli and Kalle in the last few weeks," said Ballack.

"You shouldn't make a move because of the money. It's great to earn so much as a professional soccer player but money doesn't mean anything when you're going about your profession day in and day out. The only thing that counts is sport."

OMEN
04-14-2006, 11:18 AM
I cannot really see the point in signing Michael Ballack for Chelsea,We already have Claude Makelele and Micheal Essien who are two of the best midfield players at sitting in front of the back four and allowing and others to go forward and score.It is difficult enough for a lot of the players that we have in our squad to get a decent run in the team,So why would be adding more players unless there is a big clearout of the squad coming this summer with a lot of the back up players possibly on their way out of Stamford Bridge..

Dmac
04-14-2006, 11:22 AM
I had a quite long conversation on this at another site, it was if Ballack did come, then who would be scrapped and to be honest I wouldnt even think about it, I would drop Micheal Essien. He is a threat to the team, every game he plays he is a threat to get sent off, which leaves Chelsea one man down, if Chelsea are going to keep him I suggest they learn him the meaning of discipline, because stamping on people just is not acceptable. If he doesnt get his act together Ballack could wel be replacing him, I beleive he will go to Chelsea in all honesty though, because the only other english team interested were Man U and sorry to say he turned them down on the spot, I dont know the reason why but he did.

Dark Drakan
04-14-2006, 01:13 PM
Ballack should have signed for United i can see Chelsea doing to him what they did to Wright-Phillips and wasting him on the bench because they already have quality midfield players.

Dmac
04-14-2006, 01:38 PM
They most probably will, but maybe if they sign Balack they will think of selling another, a long shot but could just happen.

On a side not DD where about in Staffordshire you from cause I live there too.

Dark Drakan
04-14-2006, 07:09 PM
They most probably will, but maybe if they sign Balack they will think of selling another, a long shot but could just happen.

On a side not DD where about in Staffordshire you from cause I live there too.

They are releasing 3 unnamed players but cant see them getting rid of Cole, Lampard and Essien so Ballack has competition.

Im from Rugeley near Stafford (bout 20 miles from Birmingham).