PDA

View Full Version : Lyon Admit Drogba Interest

OMEN
04-15-2006, 10:30 AM
http://images.skysports.com/images/playerpics05_06/Premiership/Chelsea/drogba_close.jpg
Lyon could be ready to bring Didier Drogba back to France in the summer if champions Chelsea decide to offload the Ivory Coast striker.

Drogba has endured a campaign blighted at times by criticism of his somewhat theatrical approach, with talk of a new front man arriving at Stamford Bridge a reoccuring theme in West London.

Andrei Shevchenko reportedly remains a name firmly in the frame and if Milan's captain is indeed captured, then Drogba may find first team opportunities limited.

Drogba has previously stated he has no intention of leaving Chelsea but following his fine spell in France with Marseille, the powerful forward still has admirers in Ligue 1.

Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas has admitted that he has in the past tried to bring Drogba to the French champions and following events this season, is confident he can land the player in the summer.

''We made an approach for Drogba two years ago and the deal was virtually done,'' he told The Sun.

''There are certain elements that give me hope we can bring him over for next season.''

Meanwhile, Jose Mourinho has defended Drogba's outburst about his team-mates - made last week - when he claimed some of the club's new signings had not improved the side.

''He said the same things that I have told my players at times,'' added Mourinho.

''Last season we had a couple of guys who were not playing in the team.

''But they were fantastic in training - showing motivation and pushing other people in the right direction.

''If you are not playing in the team you must keep your motivation high. You must create a difficult choice for the manager.''

Skysports

Dmac
04-15-2006, 11:45 AM
I beleive this may actually do good for Chelsea if they let him go, all this diving drama has gotten to much and I also beleive most fans would be glad to see him go. It does not look good when your star striker says on national television that yes he does actually dive and then after realising he goes back and tries to cover it up with no luck. Why not offload him to Lyon, Mourinho is to arrogent to try and discipline Drogba, and I beleive that Houllier who is Lyon manager could nail into his head that diving is wrong and make him a better player with that.