PDA

View Full Version : Busch pulled for wreckless driving

Flair Country
04-15-2006, 04:07 PM
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) -- Kyle Busch was ticketed for reckless driving in a Richmond suburb Wednesday night.

The misdemeanor charge carries up to a year in jail, a $2,500 fine and a driver's license suspension, said Sgt. Don Lambert, with Henrico County police.

The charge also calls for a mandatory court appearance. The 2005 Nextel Cup rookie of the year is scheduled to appear in Henrico County General District Court on May 23.

Lambert said the incident happened at 10 p.m. near Richmond International Airport, a few minutes outside the city.

Neither speed nor alcohol was a factor, though Lambert would not provide further details.

"The officer observed his driving behavior consistent with reckless driving," he told The Associated Press late Thursday night.

The 20-year-old Busch, who drives for Hendrick Motorsports, grabbed his first Busch Series victory in May of 2004 at Richmond International Raceway. He went on to four more victories and completed the year with five poles and five wins at age 19.

His first Nextel Cup win came at California Speedway in September of 2005. He went on to notch his second win at Phoenix, the day after his brother Kurt was arrested by police following a traffic stop.

Kurt Busch was sat down by Roush Racing for the season's final two races and authorities ordered him to perform 50 hours of community service after he became belligerent with Phoenix area police and was charged with reckless driving. Busch later apologized.

Tuesday, Kyle Busch again appeared at the Richmond raceway for the Virginia kickoff of "Focus on Driving," Sprint Nextel's attentive driving education program.

Henrico County authorities said the younger Busch, who lives in Mooresville, N.C., was cooperative.

I'm not sure how many people here pay attention to NASCAR racing, but this happend about 5 minutes away from my house, so I thought it was worth posting. The article couldn't post all that happend, but Kyle was doing donuts in the KFC parking lot and that is why the police got on him.