PDA

View Full Version : Deep South Wrestling -Taping Results

OMEN
04-15-2006, 11:36 PM
All I can say is wow. It's the morning after, and my jaw still feels like it's on the floor. I'll get more as to why a little later, but to be gone for two weeks, and come back to this, my jaw is on the floor, and I'm praying nobody will step on it.

Here are my latest pics from the event. For a change, they are in order of how everything happened on the card.

Dark Matches

I think someone was tickling Ted (the announcer) before the show started, because he tried to make some announcements, and had to stop, because he started laughing too much.

Mark Jindrak defeated Frankie Ciasto with his top rope clothesline.
--Ciasto had on glitter tights, which of course lead to many comments from the crowd.

Antonio Mestre defeated Biohazard with his jump kick to the back of the head.
--Mestre had his own little fan club there tonight on the other side of the arena. Had the largest sign of the night out for him.

Oleg Prudius defeated Scotty Fantastic with the half crab making him tap out.
--I've read reports that some people say that Oleg maybe the new Kurt Angle. I don't know about that, but I was impressed with my first time seeing him. He started off by singing the Russian national anthem, and I swear, for a smaller crowd at the DSW arena, I've never heard it that loud, ever, because chants for USA and just out right boos were louder than anything I've heard there. In just a few appearances in DSW, he's became the most hated heel...although later in the night, Gymini probably topped them. (that's called foreshadowing)

Danny Germundo defeated Cru Jones with his stomp.
--I think it was one time called the Garvin Stomp, because I remember Ronnie Garvin doing this when I was a kid. The last time I saw Cru Jones he was wearing those half tight things, which just looked weird. Thank god he was back to normal tights this week.

Tony Santorelli defeated Bradley Jay
--For the life of me, I can't remember how he beat him. Good match though.

Intermission. Ted didn't change, which means for some reason Danny isn't here tonight, so Danny didn't get any photos afterall. But Ted made the worst mistake....he handed Bill DeMott the mic for more fun intermission mic work. One poor little kid thought he was hearing voices in his head because of Bill. And the hat comments had most of us rolling. ("That's a big hat." "Hey, what about me?" "You need a big hat.")

Crystal did the intermission drawing, and by George, I'm getting closer. I was one freakin' number off. First time any nearby number has ever been called for me.

TV Taping

Palmer Cannon defeats Damien Steel
--Matt Striker was the referee. There were some absolutely hilarious spots in this one. All centered around Matt Striker. Striker would count Steel if he was just on the ground, didn't matter if Palmer was pinning him or not. The Great Kahli (Giant Singh...the guy who took out the Undertaker on Smackdown last week) came out, headbutted Damien, and then pushed him back into the ring to let Palmer get the pin. Then Palmer celebrates, and Damien is still on the mat, so Striker counts again. Double win...sort of.

After the match, Palmer calls out Freakin' Deacon, but Deacon doesn't come out. Instead, we see a shot to the back where Deacon is playing with his spider. Deacon and Kahli leave to the back to go after him.

Freakin' Deacon defeated Michael Adrian with his Cobra Clutch
--Deacon comes out with his spider.

After the match, Palmer and Kahli come out and grab the spider (Willow). Palmer says that the spider is property of DSW, and he's tired of Deacon's crazy antics, and because he has Kahli, he doesn't need Deacon anymore, so Freakin' Deacon is FIRED! Deacon looks pissed. Palmer leaves, and Deacon climbs out of the ring, and him and Kahli stare each other down, before Kahli follows Palmer. Deacon goes to the back. We see video in the back of Deacon busting into the lockerroom and taking back Willow, before leaving.

MVP defeated Heath Mitchell (it could have been Keith, I couldn't quite hear it)
--MVP did a promo before the match where he was talking with his agent on the phone about not getting a title match. His agent / lawyer / manager came out with him to the ring.

Eddie Perez defeated Onyx with his roll of the dice (at least that's what I've seen it called in the past)

Tag Tournament Match
Gymini vs. Team Elite
--I honestly don't have a clue who won this match. From the moment Gymini came out, they were yelling at Bill DeMott. The match started off hot and heavy, with Gymini actually in control. About halfway through, Bill finally had enough of them yelling at him. He dropped his headset, and went to the ring, where him and the outside Gymini started going after each other. The other Gymini slid out of the ring, and attacked him. The two double teamed him. Then one of them grabbed him, while the other went to the announce table, grabbing the freaking desktop computer on the table. He then nails it over Bill's head in the second sickest hit I've ever seen in my 20+ years of watching wrestling. Parts of the computer went everywhere. Bill went down like a sack of potatoes. Then Gymini start going crazy. They push the guardrail. Up end the steps, and then they grab Bill again, nailing him once again with the computer, in THE sickest hit I've ever seen in my 20+ years of watching wrestling. Even more parts fly everywhere. Big parts, small parts. After the first hit, the crowd is on their feet like I've never seen it before. Even I jumped to my feet, which I had never done before. The entire good guy roster comes out, and they literally are fighting Gymini, and trying to keep them from going after Bill again. Gymini finally leave, and the good guys start trying to help Bill up, but then he starts going after them, wanting not to be touched. He's busted open big time.

I'm going to say this. Looking at everyone's faces, I honestly can't tell if this is part of the act or if Bill honestly is hurt, because I'm not sure if anyone, specially when we're talking 10+ people out there, are that good of actors. It takes them 20 minutes before they can get Bill to the back, and Ted tells everyone that in light of what just happened, the rest of the show has been cancelled. It was 9:30PM, so on a well-timed night, that's what time some of the shows have ended in the past, so I honestly don't know.

Regardless, Bill took two of the sickest hits I've ever seen. These were the kind of hits that Mick Foley and Terry Funk are wincing at and going, I won't go there.

PWI

Mr Mando
04-20-2006, 11:45 AM
thanks