PDA

View Full Version : Sanchez Talks Koscheck, Takes A Shot At Heath Herring

Will
03-29-2007, 02:21 AM
The following is an excerpt from an interview with Diego Sanchez over at InsideFighting.com:

InsideFighting.com: So, back to your upcoming fight with Josh Koscheck. What do you think about fighting someone who you’ve already beaten in the past (Sanchez and Koscheck fought an exhibition fight on the first season of The Ultimate Fighter)? Do you feel you should be fighting a title holder, or former title holder, and are you disappointed?

Diego Sanchez: Absolutely not. For me to make the big money, that I want and deserve, that means working my way up. I have to do my part by putting on electrifying performances. I believe I can do that better than any other UFC fighter. When I get paid it will be deserved. I have to step up and finish my opponents. I had a little streak going with [Nick] Diaz, Karo [Parisyan], and [John] Alessio, where I didn’t finish them. I have to be a man. I have to finish my opponent. I want my championship run to have knockouts.

InsideFighting.com: Is the fact that you’re not fighting for the title yet, have any thing to do with the fact that you’re still under your original contract? Do you want to fight for the championship or “championship money”?

Diego Sanchez: Exactly, it’s only fair. You have guys like Heath Herring… he made more money in one fight than I made in all my fights. Look at the performance; look at the level of competition. But I’m not complaining, I’m working my way up.

In defense of Herrings contract, no one expected him to come in and suck as much as he did.

King TE
04-04-2007, 12:41 AM
Yeah, but it's no secret, some top stars get paid tons more than other top stars. Look how much Franklin made in his last fight compared to CroCop

skywarp
04-06-2007, 08:37 AM
maybe its because his fights ends up with the judges its boring.. people like to see action..