PDA

View Full Version : UOWForums POLL: Apr Week 1-2, 2007 - Wrestlemania 23 Rating!

LionDen
04-02-2007, 07:52 PM
UOWForums POLL: Apr Week 1-2, 2007
Wrestlemania 23 Rating!

The poll will either be 1 or 2 weeks, so get your votes in now!
Poll can be found on main page & results posted in this thread!

Another Wrestlemania come and gone. New champions, people hurt, a monster gets a sandwich, a billionaire goes bold - the usual drama of this enormous event. Well, here is your chance to get in your thoughts of the Bbig daddy of them all, Wrestlemania.

I voted for Good. This was not what I expected, so much hype for it, IMO it did not live up to my expectations. It did not help having the World Title Match the 4th match but Trump did not want to be on while he was on Wrestlemania. I am not sure how to explain my feelings towards the show but it just did not click for me.

Please feel free to give your opinions and even mention what you voted for.

----------------------------------------------------------

AFC1986
04-02-2007, 09:19 PM
the money in the bank ladder match was filled with high spots including jeff hardy being a pyscho with his move that ended his and edge's match and i'm glad that kennedy won the match as i think he would make a good championship contender. the world title match was brilliant but i agree with lion that the batista/taker was way too early as it should have been the last match as the rumble winner should challenge for the title in the last match of the night. i was really impressed with cena last night as i thought he was outstanding as was shawn michaels and their match for the wwe title for me is an instant classic. my only problems with the event were that the women's title match was short and ended up being pointless and as i mentioned i was also annoyed that the world title match should have been on later. i'm probably going to be on my own with this, but i thought wrestlemania was an amazing show

Platinum_Lies
04-02-2007, 10:24 PM
Bad.

Aside from Batista/Taker there were no outstanding matches on the show. The MITB had too many high risk spots that just slowed down the match. The women's match and Kane/Khali were horrible and makes you wonder why the hell guys like Nitro/Kendrick/London/Carlito/Benjamin were not on the show. The Benoit/MVP was actually good, but the dull, unenthuastic crowd killed its chances to be a great match.

The hair v hair match was entertaining but had no real value and was a novelty. Seeing Stone Cold again was nice though.

HBK/Cena was no where near classic. The first half of the match was not only boring, but horrible. Cena's flaws were glaring during those 10 minutes of 101 wrestling. Did he not get trained before he came? It wasn't until the match became a brawl that Cena started to do well. If this had been the entire match then it would have been much better. But it did not matter how good the match ever was since the unrealistic bullsh*t ending destroyed the suspension of disbelief.

Aside from pissing me off, this WM was not even remotely memorable. But that shouldn't be too surprising. There hasn't been a good WWE PPV in years (not counting One Night Stand last year).

wwe9112
04-02-2007, 10:42 PM
it was better than wm21 in my oppion

Platinum_Lies
04-02-2007, 11:28 PM
it was better than wm21 in my oppion

Not saying much since WM 21-22 are at the bottom of the barrel in terms of quality and this one can only be marginally better at its best.

bman
04-02-2007, 11:35 PM
IMO it was mediocre at best
MITB was as expected, maybe a little less exciting then some thought it would be. I knew Mr.Kennedy would win it, and i wasn't disappointed.
Kane vs. Khali was horrible, just horrible. Why on earth would they make Khali dominate Kane for the whole dam match.
US Championship was ok, nothing special as it should be for WM
Taker vs. Batista was the best match of the night. To short as others have said.
Originals vs. New Breed surprised me as I was sure the New Breed would win it. Very disappointed it wasn't under "Extreme Rules".
Battle of the Billionaires was more of entertainment then wrestling. It was obvious Trump was not gonna get his head shaved. I loved it when Austin gave Trump a stunner 2. Unfortunately, he sold it HORRIBLY.
Womens Match was when I went 2 the washroom, enough said.
Cena vs. Michaels was hugely disappointing because Cena retained. Very boring for the first 10 minutes. Picked up at the end, but it just didn't seem good enough to me to be the MAIN EVENT at WM.

Overall I give it maybe a 5.5 out of 10. The Kane vs. Khali and Womens matches contributed to the low score. The MITB and Taker vs. Batista helped

Platinum_Lies
04-02-2007, 11:46 PM
It isn't good for women wrestling when they made Khali look like a wrestling genius. That match was just horrible. I couldn't even score it at a 0/5 it was so bad.

And what makes it worse is that we could have had the Smackdown! tag titles defended (maybe against The World's Greatest Tag Team) and we could have had a Nitro v Carlito kind of a match.

-[ICON]-
04-05-2007, 09:29 PM
Okay.

MITB: Awesome, nice to see that even after his absence Jeff Hardy understands what Mania is all about and crushes Edge, disapointed that Edge didnt do more in the match, Finlay was also very good and i'm not big on him but Kennedy deserved the win and deserves the WHC.

Kane vs Khali: POOR...good thing was they gave tribute to Hogan and Andre

Benoit vs MVP: I liked this because MVP really opened my eyes to the fact he is a damn good wrestler but Benoit deserves more than the U.S strap he should be facing guys like Batista or Taker

Batista vs Undertaker: I was blown away..Taker showed that he still has what it takes to draw a card and he did have the biggest pop..glad he won

New Breed vs Originals: only good thing was RVD getting the three.

Battle of the Billionaires: Damn good match but i like Lashley and even Umaga impressed me, Trump ballsed the end up though and they rang the bell early

Melina vs Ashley: No Comment

Cena vs Micheals: Surprised me actually I found myself wanting Cena to lose but was glad he won, and his bump on the steps was sick.

Overall Mania was at 4.5/5 for me they could have made The womens title match longer and instead of running the "All grown up" promos they could have had a decent match like a cruiserweight match or Tag Title match.

Platinum_Lies
04-05-2007, 11:15 PM
-;309281']Okay.

MITB: Awesome, nice to see that even after his absence Jeff Hardy understands what Mania is all about and crushes Edge, disapointed that Edge didnt do more in the match, Finlay was also very good and i'm not big on him but Kennedy deserved the win and deserves the WHC.

Kane vs Khali: POOR...good thing was they gave tribute to Hogan and Andre

Benoit vs MVP: I liked this because MVP really opened my eyes to the fact he is a damn good wrestler but Benoit deserves more than the U.S strap he should be facing guys like Batista or Taker

Batista vs Undertaker: I was blown away..Taker showed that he still has what it takes to draw a card and he did have the biggest pop..glad he won

New Breed vs Originals: only good thing was RVD getting the three.

Battle of the Billionaires: Damn good match but i like Lashley and even Umaga impressed me, Trump ballsed the end up though and they rang the bell early

Melina vs Ashley: No Comment

Cena vs Micheals: Surprised me actually I found myself wanting Cena to lose but was glad he won, and his bump on the steps was sick.

Overall Mania was at 4.5/5 for me they could have made The womens title match longer and instead of running the "All grown up" promos they could have had a decent match like a cruiserweight match or Tag Title match.

You wanted the women's match longer? Are you a masochist? It should have been shorter, as in NEVER happened!

Flash3005
04-09-2007, 11:15 PM
I thought it was a great PPV, the order of the matches was really screwed up, as they also had some boring matches.

LionDen
05-22-2007, 02:06 PM
Final results

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/8523/13wrestlemaniapolldr4.jpg