PDA

View Full Version : Sixers to Fine Iverson, Webber

W-OLF
04-19-2006, 01:18 AM
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - The Philadelphia 76ers will fine Allen Iverson and Chris Webber for not being at the arena 90 minutes before Tuesday night's game against the New Jersey Nets.

The Sixers said Iverson and Webber did show up and were in the locker room when the game tipped off.

Team president Billy King said he knew at Tuesday morning's shootaround that Iverson and Webber would be given the home regular-season finale off because of injuries. But King did expect the duo to be at the game.

King said the two would be fined, but declined to get into specifics.

Iverson was to miss the game with an ankle injury, and Webber had a sore back. Neither had arrived at the arena 15 minutes before tipoff.

The Sixers were eliminated from the Eastern Conference playoff race on Sunday. They are scheduled to close out the season in Charlotte on Wednesday.

credit BellSouth

If It Takes Forever
04-19-2006, 07:58 PM
Nothing like watching the Sixers fall apart..

Goodbye Iverson is what I'm thinking.

Dasdream™
04-19-2006, 08:33 PM
ok if Iverson was NOT going to play in the game anyway....whats the big deal?

Appels
04-19-2006, 11:02 PM
^ I totally agree. If Im not told Im not going to play, Im not going to show up.

splatz1126
04-22-2006, 04:23 PM
That's the problem with players today. It's all about them. This isn't the first time Iverson has been a problem either. A couple of years ago after the All-Star game he didn't show up for a mandatory team practice. All I can say is buh-bye.