PDA

View Full Version : Fear for Future Champions

Abhishek_Divekar
04-04-2007, 07:38 AM
Wrestlers like MVP and Mr. Kennedy are wrestlers that are on the rise as they perform like no other before them. Kennedy's WM performance elevated him in the business as well as it gave him more credibility as he continues to add to his resume. MVP proved that he can carry a veteran like Chris Benoit with no problem. He executed move after move with a purpose and it paid off as that much easily was one of my favorites of the nights.

However being that both of these men are going to be future champions, do you have that WWE will mold them into a "John Cena"-type character? A champion that has been stale to wrestling fans that look for quality matches at PPV's? An entertainer that never loses even after the most difficult of matches? A champion that rises to fast to the top and sits there until his money-making days are over?

I, for one, fear the day future wrestlers become wrestlers that feel they are better than the rest of the wrestling roster. I truly hope that we do NOT run into another "Cena" in Mr. Kennedy or MVP.:dancing:

Platinum_Lies
04-04-2007, 07:53 PM
Wrestlers like MVP and Mr. Kennedy are wrestlers that are on the rise as they perform like no other before them. Kennedy's WM performance elevated him in the business as well as it gave him more credibility as he continues to add to his resume. MVP proved that he can carry a veteran like Chris Benoit with no problem. He executed move after move with a purpose and it paid off as that much easily was one of my favorites of the nights.

However being that both of these men are going to be future champions, do you have that WWE will mold them into a "John Cena"-type character? A champion that has been stale to wrestling fans that look for quality matches at PPV's? An entertainer that never loses even after the most difficult of matches? A champion that rises to fast to the top and sits there until his money-making days are over?

I, for one, fear the day future wrestlers become wrestlers that feel they are better than the rest of the wrestling roster. I truly hope that we do NOT run into another "Cena" in Mr. Kennedy or MVP.:dancing:

That is if Cena ever loses the damn belt. He is McMahon's project you know.

tommy
04-04-2007, 11:54 PM
MVP did not carry Benoit, it was the other way around. MVP is no where near ready to have ANY title, and this early on, who knows if he'll ever get to be championship material.

Kennedy, while he did win, did not really put himself out there as the shining star of the MITB match. His performance wasn't even that great. I don't remember him doing much except taking out a midget and hitting Punk with a ladder.

Now, WWE does have some good "future" champions. Kennedy could be there some day, but not yet. MVP needs a complete character revamping, cause, what he has now is too lame to even consider his adequite wrestling skills. CM Punk has potential, but he needs to get used to the WWE style of fighting still. Johnny Nitro needs to stop being used as one of McMahon's go to guys for a loss to the stars of today. I can't even remember the last time Brian Kendrick and Paul London got a chance to shine on tv. They are forced to continuously lose on smackdown until they win the big fights on the PPVs.

Anyway, my point is MVP sucks and Kennedy isn't ready to be main event.

legolas4792
04-05-2007, 12:00 AM
tommy, kennedy has been in the mainevent before and the mitb and what will follow will just elevate him more into the spotlight and MVP proved alot at wm he proved that he could be charismatic and still wrestle a good technical match

Platinum_Lies
04-05-2007, 12:21 AM
The MITB match in general was very lax. Once the Edge/Jeff spot occured, you had wrestlers dissapear for long periods of time. It wasn't just Kennedy.

And the MVP/Benoit match was technically brilliant (the crowd sucked) and neither guy "carried" each other. It was mutual contribution, both men had great timing and chemistry. If you want to see someone carry another, go to the ME between Cena/HBK. Cena's wieght even caused HBK to stumble through a WrestleMania match.

Kennedy needs to move to RAW, he has done everything on Smackdown! (I don't want anoter Taker/Kennedy feud right now). But I don't think a Cena/Kennedy match would be all that great. Orton/Kennedy could be awesome, but then HBK would have to be pushed aside.

They need to move Nitro to either Smackdown! or ECW. He is ignored at RAW and could have awesome matches with RVD or Punk in ECW or even MVP, Benoit, Kennedy (if he stays), and maybe have him be more aggressive and go after a Batista, Taker, or even Kane.

Also, they need to move all tag teams to Smackdown! and make it that brands specialty. Kendrick & London vs the World's Greatest Tag Team would be awesome.

ClayMation
04-05-2007, 04:18 AM
John Cena is SOOO lame. I am so tired of seeing him win time after time when you know most of the guys he fights are way better than him. Give him a heel turn and drop the belt...maybe then i will actually wanna watch him.

Kennedy is ready for the main event IMO. He has the charisma and the resume to get that big push to the top. I would like to see him on Raw too...that would make some interesting matchups. MVP will be ready one day, but it's not yet. He needs a serious gimmick overhaul.

tommy
04-05-2007, 07:11 AM
tommy, kennedy has been in the mainevent before and the mitb and what will follow will just elevate him more into the spotlight and MVP proved alot at wm he proved that he could be charismatic and still wrestle a good technical match

He's been in the main event, but he's never been in it successfully. Maybe it's not his own fault, but his fights against the "main eventers" were never the best. Undertaker, Batista, even Bobby Lashley, he just didn't show that he was anything special.

Platinum_Lies
04-05-2007, 07:33 PM
Kennedy's main events are more watchable then Cena's though. At times I think I like Gillberg's matches better than Cena's though, so we'll see.