PDA

View Full Version : Blues close on Ballack

Straight Edge
04-19-2006, 11:25 PM
Chelsea are reported to have agreed terms to sign Bayern Munich midfielder Michael Ballack.

German public broadcaster ZDF claims Ballack has agreed a four-year deal with the Stamford Bridge outfit and that all that needs to be done for the deal to be completed is for Ballack to sign the contract.

The former Bayer Leverkusen star's future has been the subject of intense speculation ever since he revealed he would not be signing a new deal at Bayern.

The 29-year-old's current deal expires at the end of the season and a number of clubs including Real Madrid, Internazionale and Chelsea have all been linked with him.

Ballack and Chelsea both revealed earlier this month that they had held talks with each other over a possible move to West London.

Reports earlier this week suggested that Ballack was stalling over the offer from Chelsea because he could not be guaranteed a place in the starting line-up every week.

However, it appears Chelsea have won the race for the German international's signature and that he will be joining Jose Mourinho's star-studded squad in the summer.

Appels
04-20-2006, 12:48 AM
Ballack is an incredible midfielder, and seeing him on Chelsea is going to be a treat. Chelsea just keeps getting better and better, probobly, the best English Premiership Team.

Dmac
04-20-2006, 01:20 AM
Appels, I know you Canadian so I wont jump on you, not probably the best Premiership team, they are the best because they will soon be Champions 2 years running, and no I dont support them either. Chelsea go after all players they like they dont care if they wont play them, for example Shaun Wright-Phillips, like I said in another thread, thereis buying new palyers to strenghen a team but with Chelsea it is getting ridiculously pathetic. I think for Balack it would be good to finish up his career in Munich, where he can allmost guarentee he will get palyed.