PDA

View Full Version : Vince Gives New Breed & Originals Standing Ovation

Dangerous Incorporated
04-06-2007, 02:05 AM
Vince McMahon loved the ECW 8 Man Extreme Rules match and gave the competitors a standing ovation after the bout. Dean Malenko and Dusty Rhodes were heavily involved with the planning and execution of the match. It should be interesting to see, given the way the crowd reacted, whether the match will leave WWE more open to doing more "old school ECW" style direction and matches with the ECW brand or whether this was a rare occurrence, given those who politically have been against the ECW brand being anything but a third pure WWE sports-entertainment style company.

Source: PWInsider.com Audio

I hope this is a sign of better things to come in WWECW but I wont hold my breath.

legolas4792
04-06-2007, 02:15 AM
it was a really good match i hope they do more stuff like this but as JR would say
"I wouldnt bet the farm on it"

Vance
04-06-2007, 04:29 AM
this is making me wanna watch ecw this week,i've heard so many good things about this match,this might just make me tune into ecw for like the first time since december 2 disember.

Phenomenal One
04-06-2007, 05:07 AM
i heard this was a good match, i didnt see it because i lost interest in ECW, but now i might start watching it again

skywarp
04-06-2007, 08:34 AM
maybe there gonna start to mix it up... mainevent extreme rules..

Platinum_Lies
04-06-2007, 05:54 PM
What is even better is that the New Breed came off extremely well. Even though I don't like Striker, even he showed something during this match.

Maybe ECW will simply go to extreme rules main events at first, to see if it picks the product up off the ground. If that works, then the older ECW style may completely come back.

Butoden
04-06-2007, 07:22 PM
The crowd was dead at this match and it was VERY short for a 8 man tag team match, their matches on ECW are longer. Vince was probably the only one standing! :S

Platinum_Lies
04-06-2007, 08:23 PM
The crowd was dead at this match and it was VERY short for a 8 man tag team match, their matches on ECW are longer. Vince was probably the only one standing! :S

What were you watching? The crowd was pretty into it and the match was good. That show was better than RAW this week, which isn't saying much since that was one of the worst RAW's the WWE has ever produced.

Butoden
04-06-2007, 08:50 PM
What were you watching? The crowd was pretty into it and the match was good. That show was better than RAW this week, which isn't saying much since that was one of the worst RAW's the WWE has ever produced.

Hell yes RAW was bloody bad. But when I read all the comments people made I was asking me the same thing: What were YOU watching :think: