PDA

View Full Version : Wrestlemania got moneys worth for news coverage + Johnny Fairplay

LionDen
04-09-2007, 10:38 PM
As you would expect, tons of mainstream outlets have picked up the Donald Trump shaving of Vince McMahon last night. I have seen it all over TV since Wrestlemania. The AP has written a story about it and it's all over mainstream outlets like ESPN, CNN, etc. WWE sure got the press that they wanted out of this angle.

---------------------------------------

Corey Dickey reporting. ... I met Johnny Fairplay at the conclusion of Wrestlemania tonight, he was carrying a souvenir chair so he apparently had ringside area seats. He said he was "loopy" because he got a concussion at last night's ROH show. Also, like Raw weeks ago, there was good money dropped from the ceiling during Trump's entrance, including larger bills. We were sitting on the floor near the entrance and collected up $55, thanks to grabbing two $20 bills. Free money made paying the ridiculous $8 beer price better. Also, I just finished reading your thoughts on Wrestlemania and wanted to add a note in response to your comment about a lot of the money falling on the ramp. I was right next to the barricade on the entrance. While a lot of money did fall on the ramp, what you did not see is numerous camera men, referees, building staff etc. using the access ways alongside the ramp picking up money and giving it to fans on the other side of the barricade. Only later, when the crew wanted to hurriedly clean up the ramp, did they just pick it up and take it to the back.

Source: PWInsider.com