PDA

View Full Version : CM Punk

tommy
04-11-2007, 05:29 AM
So, what does everyone think about CM's heel turn tonight? It was funny, cause my friends and I actually watched ECW today to see a CM match, and he was in about half the show. The main event wasn't RVD vs Marcus Cor Von, it was CM's choice.

I'm half and half on if I like this. CM Punk will be a great heel, but WWE doesn't have many great good guys. The best they have are Lashley and Cena, both of whom, although I like them, aren't the best. CM could have been huge as a good guy, and maybe he'll go back eventually. At least ECW will be far more entertaining now.

legolas4792
04-11-2007, 08:46 PM
i agree i like what we are getting but at the same time acknowledge the great face we are losing

F4L
04-11-2007, 09:49 PM
Although like you said Tommy, that it was great seeing Punk get over more than DX, and The Hardyz, his face gimmick was getting a bit stale. He would of never been able to cut too many promos in that gimmick being a face. Now we get to see his true colors, as he is meant to be a heel. This will make for better feuds and storylines with him on ECW. Now everyone will get to see how great he is on the mic, and he will still get cheered I bet in the midwest anyways. I'm gonna still cheer the hell out of him next time he comes back here to his hometown of Chicago, and I'm sure everyone else will too. He is loved in the ROH cities, so he will get over there, too. I really hope WWE doesn't screw this up, I hope and pray that this will be a great decision, which I expect it will be.

Punk=Ratings

Platinum_Lies
04-12-2007, 05:34 AM
The heel tun was just so poorly executed. It was dull and just fell on its face. Not only could you see it coming, but the fact that it didn't even come explosively killed the turn. Whatever happened to the great heel turns? They should have had him run in on a Lashley match or even switch to RAW and go after Cena. The New Breed just isn't the place for CM Punk.

Kyal_Cena
04-12-2007, 02:48 PM
This should help ECW in the long run

Butoden
04-12-2007, 03:16 PM
The heel tun was just so poorly executed. It was dull and just fell on its face. Not only could you see it coming, but the fact that it didn't even come explosively killed the turn. Whatever happened to the great heel turns? They should have had him run in on a Lashley match or even switch to RAW and go after Cena. The New Breed just isn't the place for CM Punk.

I kind of agree, but I think WWE doesn't want him to be in the title scene picture yet, I guess he will grow out to perhaps LEAD the New Breed and then from there grow to the title scene after some matches with the Originals.

the madscotsman
04-12-2007, 03:36 PM
H e was great as a heel in his last run in ROH.I thought his theme song at the time fitted it perfetc.

tommy
04-12-2007, 04:12 PM
What I want to see next week on ECW:

CM Punk comes out to his old theme, Miseria Cantera, or whatever the AFI song is called. He does his whole "Let me tell you people a story..." heel talking thing. Then, as the show progresses, you see his take out one of the Originals (not RVD, save that for a pay per view or something), and you realize that after being in New Breed for a week, he already took over and is the leader instead of Elijah.

Platinum_Lies
04-13-2007, 01:53 AM
There are definite possibilities here, but I was just so dissapointed in the way it came around. Punk should have at least cost RVD the match.

But really, what the hell is there for him to gain by joining the New Breed or the Originals (storyline wise)? There doesn't really seem to be a reason to have wanted to join either.

tommy
04-13-2007, 02:46 AM
I agree. I thought he was gonna beat up someone from each group and tell em to shove it or something. Go it alone and all that. They could have done better, but at least he's a heel again.

Booyaka138
04-13-2007, 08:21 AM
now im thinkn this is how its guna go down:

1) CM punk was playn and during a PPV CM turns on the NB.
2) CM takes over the NB and kicks out elijah, elijah then turns face
3) CM stays heel with elijah and NB for awhile eventually da group breaks up

thas wat i think

Black Widow
04-13-2007, 01:12 PM
CM Punk will be the Triple H of ECW

CM Punk heel roles in ROH were awesome
hes deffinatley a top heel.. its a good choice to turn him heel

Garden State Saint
04-14-2007, 05:35 PM
CM Punk as a heel is a great thing, as it will always be. However the turn could have been pulled off better than it was. I don't quite see why Punk needs the New Breed and he was exactly forced into it so why he joined so soon is kinda a mystery to me. But like somebody said, I hope he somehow kicks Burke out (another guy I like) and becomes the leader.

tommy
04-24-2007, 09:55 PM
Yeah...I gave in and read the spoilers for tonight...lets just say everyone should watch ECW tonight.