PDA

View Full Version : ould the WWE be better with less PPVs?

Abhishek_Divekar
04-12-2007, 06:04 PM
12 PPVs a year is too much and now they have two PPVs a month some times. It's kind of ridiculous and must be very hard trying to keep things fresh and exciting. If they went down to about 6 PPVs a year this would give them a lot more time in between PPVs to book/write better feuds and make every PPV seem important.

I mean look at this month for example, WrestleMania was just less than two weeks ago and already there's another PPV coming up later this month. I think it would be much better if there was WrestleMania and then... the next PPV could be in June.

tommy
04-12-2007, 08:43 PM
They get way too much money to ever scale it back. It should have stayed one a month with the big four as exceptions, but then they added ECW and destroyed the point by making all the PPVs interpromotional.

legolas4792
04-13-2007, 01:28 AM
i think tna is worse they have a ppv every 3-4 weeks

Butoden
04-13-2007, 01:55 AM
That is alot of crap Legolas. They have 12 PPVs as well. The only difference = there is a large gap before Wrestlemania and smaller gap after that. As seen now with 2 PPVs in this very month april.
TNA has a PPV every 4/5 weeks.

legolas4792
04-13-2007, 01:59 AM
alright dude chill it just seems like it im not hating on tna

Garden State Saint
04-14-2007, 05:45 PM
WWE should keep 12 PPVs, get rid of any ECW PPVs and Cyber Sunday, and lower the prices abit. I know boxing and MMA PPVs are in the 40 dollar range but WWE has got to be less if they're doing 12 a year.

Platinum_Lies
04-15-2007, 04:29 AM
They should keep the big four and have only 1 more the rest of the year for 5 in total.

Ever since PPVs went monthly there has been a decline in the unpredicatble happening on any of the regular televised shows. And title matches have become pointless. Who cares to see a Cena/HBK or Taker/Batista match on RAW and Smackdown for the titles when everyone knows that the titles are staying right where they are at. The only time a title has changed hands on a brand show in years was due to a suspension of RVD. Before that it had been around 5 years since the big title changed hands on RAW.

The title used to change hands often on the televised shows such as Nitro, Raw, and Smackdown!. Both Foley and HHH had their first title reigns begin on RAW. Matches were harder to call since there was a distinct possibility that the champion coming into the match would not be leaving the match champion. But now title changes are reserved for PPVs. We have to pay to see it happen now.

Jerichoholic102
04-15-2007, 01:56 PM
I never thought about this.

bad_meetz_evil
04-15-2007, 06:01 PM
Think 3 brands. TNA is only one brand and they also have 12 PPV a month. But it'll never go down as it used to be 10 something years ago. As long as their making profits, their no need to rethink the number of PPVs.

Platinum_Lies
04-15-2007, 09:23 PM
Think 3 brands. TNA is only one brand and they also have 12 PPV a month. But it'll never go down as it used to be 10 something years ago. As long as their making profits, their no need to rethink the number of PPVs.

The problem is that most of the non-Big 4 are continually losing buys from year to year. At some point in the next few years it will no longer be profitable and they will have to shave PPVs off anyway. They should just start now.

XXKSXX
04-17-2007, 04:26 PM
I do think that the WWE has to many PPV's. They should scale back a bit but they wont they make lots of money from them. Havening so many PPV's makes things on TV have to move faster. Like short feuds and not as much hippe for the PPV witch makes the PPV not as special is they were say 5 or 6 years ago.

wwe9112
04-17-2007, 09:04 PM
I think they should only have one every 2 or so months because the feuds will be better and not go by so fast.

Platinum_Lies
04-18-2007, 02:42 AM
I think they should only have one every 2 or so months because the feuds will be better and not go by so fast.

And the fact that the big titles might just change at non-PPV shows would help the overall product. Hell, I only watch about 7 PPV's during the year anyway.

bigdaddybaughman
04-18-2007, 06:13 PM
the ppv sistuation can be blamed on Eric Bishoff and the manday night wars. he thought of going to 10 a year then made it 12 to out do Vince. with the money they were making that just became the standerd. it wont change until the bottom line changes and they dont sell out. then Vince will consider changing things. Vince only changes when made to by compation.

BigAl147
05-16-2007, 11:49 PM
Lets be honest, the number of PPV's isnt going to drop when they're making money off them. Storyline wise it would be good to have only 4 or 5 a year to avoid repitiition of matches and angles; thing is if more titles changed on Raw, Smackdown! or ECW why would people pay to see the PPV's where the same thngs would be happening?

Garden State Saint
05-16-2007, 11:51 PM
Less PPVs wouldn't hurt WWE but it shows more in TNA I think. ECW had the right equation.

wm22champ
05-21-2007, 03:47 PM
i think that over time wwe is actually gonna only air the big 4 on PPV and the rest are somehow gonna gradually go to being broadcast on WWE.COM