PDA

View Full Version : ROH 4/13 and 4/14 results

Nick, Your Indie Lover
04-15-2007, 04:19 AM
ROH 4/13 Results
Preshow:

1) Bobby Dempsey & Rhett Titus defeat Alex "Sugarfoot" Payne & Ernie Osiris.

2) Pepper Parks defeats Mitch Franklin

Main Show:

1) Kevin Steen defeats Pelle Primeau. Said to be a great opener with a hot crowd.

2) Daizee Haze defeats Sara Del Rey with a sunset flip.

3) Erick Stevens defeats El Generico, Jason Blade and Eddie Edwards. Austin Aries is in the ring talking to all 4 right now. Erick Stevens becomes the newest member of Aries' stable, "The Resilience". Romero and Richards attack from behind with Cross making the save.

4) Delirious defeats Colt Cabana. No streamers for Cabana. A full on comedy bout, with Cabana putting on masks to mess with Delirious' head. Colt put on a smiley face mask to frighten him, then put on a Delirious mask at one point and started doing Delirious' spots. Delirious got a roll up for the win.

5) Claudio Castagnoli defeats Jay Briscoe. Claudio challenges Jay and Mark for a title match with a partner of his choosing. El Generico and Kevin Steen come back out and make the same challenge, then attack Mark.

6) Brent Albright defeats Homicide.

7) Jack Evans defeats SHINGO with a 630 (I was sent 450, but I'm assuming it was 630)

8) NRC vs The Resilience is up.

-Roderick Strong eliminates Erick Stevens, 3-2 advantage NRC.
-Davey Richards eliminates Matt Cross (wtf Davey got a PIN?!), 3-1 advantage NRC.
-Rocky Romero eliminates Aries, NRC 3-0 sweep.

All three beat down Aries with Delirious making the save.

9) Nigel McGuinness & Doug Williams defeat Takeshi Morishima & Chris Hero when Nigel pinned Hero
------------------------

Credit: ROH Boards

PRE-SHOW RESULTS:

No pre-show results at this time.

MAIN SHOW RESULTS:

1. Jason Blade and Eddie Edwards defeat Chris Hero and Tank Toland. "Hot Crowd, Jason pins Tank with a rollup, much better than expected, fun heel work by Tank and Hero."

2. Pelle Primeau defeats Shane Hagadorn to win the Top of the Class Trophy. "Pelle Beats Shane with stunner, decent match. Shane jumped Pelle during entrance, tried to use weapon but Bobby Dempsey told ref. Pelle crowd surfed after the win."

3. Rocky Romero defeats Claudio Castagnoli. "Rocky pinned Claudio with a tilt-a-whirl pin combo. Very good technical match."

4. Steen/Generico vs. Briscoe/Stevens is up.

Erick Stevens was taken out by the No Remorse Corps, Mark Briscoe is now in the match. It is now The Briscoes vs. Steen/Generico. Details hopefully forthcoming!

4. El Generico and Kevin Steen defeat The Briscoe Brothers. The titles were NOT on the line. "Awesome match, Stevens taken out early, turned into a handicap match for awhile. Mark entered the match late, crowd went wild, and it was non-stop action until the end. El Generico pins Mark after a standing brain buster. Mark took many head drops".

5. Doug Williams defeats Colt Cabana. "Doug wins with the Chaos Theory, good comedy, decent wrestling. Colt gave a farewell speech after the match."

INTERMISSION -- Crowd Estimate is 80,104, which sets a NEW INMAN SPORTS CLUB attendance record! Take THAT Vince!

Real Estimate = 700. No pre-show results were given at this time.

6. Sara Del Ray defeats Ernie Osiris. "Sara wins with butterfly hold. Daizee Haze watched the match".

7. SHINGO defeats Matt Cross. "SHINGO won with a Ki Krusher. Good match, started slow, but got faster towards the end".

8. Davey Richards and Roderick Strong defeat Delirious and Jack Evans. "Richards pins Delirious after Strong used a chair and Davey used the D.R. Driver. The NRC used lots of cheap tactics".

9.Takeshi Morishima defeats Nigel McGuinness to retain the ROH World Championship. "Morishima wins with two backdrop drivers, very stiff match, both guys were bleeding from the mouth".

yankeesman77
04-15-2007, 06:42 AM
There weren't any pre show matches for the 4/13 show on Long Island or atleast I didn't see any because I got to S.P around 7:30 and the Entertainment Center. For my first ever ROH show here in Lake Grove, it felt like a very early ECW Show. Not to say that the venue was more or less like a giant Press Conference Room or a Bingo Hall but the place was pretty much packed.

- The first match was pretty much a squash match with Steen having his way with Pelle Primeau and pretty much squashed Pelle like he was a bug. Pelle had a little bit of a comeback but the size and strength of Steen gave him the edge. Was a nice opening bout which got the crowd fired up. (Was pretty annoying having to listen to a drunk guy just shout beligeriently at the top of his lungs just two rows infront of me)

- The Women's Shimmer match sucked and it went pretty badly with a bunch of bad spots but atleast it beats any TNA or WWE Diva's match these days. Daize Haze carried Sarah Del Ray using her agility but Del Ray used her strength to over power alot of Daize's maneuvers but there were alot of arm drags used by Haize. Haize got the victory with a Sun set Roll up but like I said it was a decent Wrestling match but the fans werent much into the Shimmer match.

- In the four corners match, The crowd really made this match as they got on everybody in this match. El generico was billed from Mexico but looked like a White Guy with alot of Red Backhair. Your typical "Mexican Ginger", Ole!. Everybody ragged on Eddie Edwards being billed from Boston with the Boston Sucks chants. Jason Blade looked like Little Guido. The crowd was really into Erick Stevens and constantly chanted a Choo......Choo!! for his chargers and his rugged offense in the many power slams he performed. Everybody got in their set offense but when the train came through.....Everybody got run over. Stevens got the victory and after words, Austin Aries gave a good promo explaining the cause for forming his new group in the Resiliants. Aries brought up Stevens and Roderick Strong's feud back in FIP Florida, and long story short........ Erick Stevens is the new member of the Resiliants.

- Hilarious match with Colt Cabana going against Delirious. Colt worked the match as well as he could with him and Delerious switching masks throughout the match pretty much playing mind games throughout the match as Sinclaire got involved and a funny spot with Cabana gettin a roll up as Sinclaire was checking Delerious Shoulders as Delerious kicked out, Cabana landed ontop of the back of Sinclaire in a very "peculiar" position to say the least. I'm surprised that Cabana didn't get the win considering he has only a few matches left before he heads onto the OVW track. Cabana got a great and warm reaction from the crowd here in really a good moment with the "Thankyou Cabana" chants.

- This is when the action really started to pick up with a great Grudge match between Brent "Gunner Scott" Albright and Homicide. The action went into the crowd with Homicide using one of the Garbage Can near the conseccion stands and the action went everywhere but through our area. Needless to say Our section was Pissed off that we couldn't see much of the outside of the ring action but meh, what can ya do. Once they came back over the guard rail, Brent whipped Homicide so hard that Homicide broke one of the Metal Signs. Brent had to do 2 Half Nelson slams to beat Homicide with Julius Smokes escourted from the Ring Side. After the match, Shane Hagadorn began stomping on Homicide. Then Julius came back after the match and attacked Hagadorn to help out his firend Homicide as Julius used a Steel Chair. Homicide Threatened to hit Hagadorn with The Gringo Killer but Julius wanted to get involved as Homicide set the Chair on the ground and picked Hagadorn up as Julius jumped off the top rope and nailed Shane with a Spiked Piledriver ontop of the Steel Chair.

- This was time for the Intermission. I bought the Legendary 4 Horsemen DVD and TNA's Greatest Tag Team matches two great purchases that I will never forget. I had the opportunity to buy 3 ROH dvd's with 1 as the free but 40 dollars was my limit and the match card didnt' seem to interesting to me as I looked at the cards. But still 2 great purchases and 40 dollars was my limit anyhow.

- Coming back from the break, Evans and Shingo put on a spotfest/Dragon Gate match that you'd usually find out of Evans with alot of High Flying and really unique move set which made the match enjoyable for me. The complete rotation was a 630 by Evans with two complete rotational spins and got the victory. After the match, Evans thanked Shingo for the performance and showed class by raising his hand for the match they had.

- With Mark Briscoe injured a special Challenge match was issured between Claudio Castagnolie "HEYYYYYYY!!!" and Jay "Man Up" Briscoe. Pretty good match here with alot of good technical skills as the match seemed to be slower than I would expect. Claudio opened up a huge gash right in the back of Jay's head. I'm sure that Jay will get stitches for that wound but after the match, Claudio asked for a Tag Title match with a Partner of his choosing then this brought out the unlikely duo of Kevin Steen and El Mexico Gingerico as Steen attacked the injured Mark which fuled the flams for a feud featuring Steen and Generico vs. The Briscoes for the Tag Titles.

- Next, I thought was the Best Match of the Night in the No Remorse Core vs. The Resiliants but when its watered down, although the crowd was still heavily behind Stevens, his energy was watered down and didn't bring much to the table. I thought that No Remorse worked well together and that while Roderick hurt his leg both Davey and Rocky stepped up their game and helped elevate that unit for a clean sweep. I would of thought that Aries would of had a run with an elemination or atleast get to hit one of his finishers but the end didn't see it that way as the #'s game just became to much.

- Now onto our Main Event. It was nice to see the "Anarchist", in Dave Williams back inside an ROH ring but he didn't really add much to the performance other than hitting the High Knee to both Morishima and Hero but the star of the show was Nigle McGuinness. Looking strong for his Title match against Morishima the night after put in a strong performance. For his size, Takashi Morishima has great agility but is one huge Japaneese Bear. I couldn't believe the size of this guy when he came out but aside from his massive size there isn't really anything to write home about his performance. Nigle made both Hero and Morishima look good while the crowd ragged pretty good on both Sweeny and Tank "Steroids" Toland. I wonder if Test gave Toland his number for some "Perscriptions"

- For a weak looking card, The action exceeded my expectations and was a great show overall. ROH returns to Long Island on July 27th, and I can't wait to get my tickets. I just hope that the card actually has some Title Defenses the next time because it was pretty weird seing no titles being put on the line.