PDA

View Full Version : new I C champion?

bigdaddybaughman
04-17-2007, 02:28 AM
what is vince thinking a nobody beats umaga with lashely help but what is the deal that santno merillo is the champ.:lmao:
what a way to start a career in wrestling. is there any better way to start a career than be champ?

legolas4792
04-17-2007, 02:30 AM
hes taking the same road as carlito but he posed as a fan first i cant think of a better way to be in wwe then to win a title on my first night

Darth Fozzy
04-17-2007, 04:17 AM
I gotta say, I have always been a fan of the Intercontinental Championship, legends have held it before going on to become the World Champion, Bret Hart, Steve Austin, Triple H, HBK, Pat Paterson, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, these men were great IC Champions, they brought honour and prestige to the title...now...this title means nothing because they gave it to some stupid Italian guy to please the Italian fans, what a stupid idea, they have killed the legacy of the Intercontinental Championship with this idiot holding it.

Platinum_Lies
04-17-2007, 04:17 AM
Great moment for RAW. Hopefully this guy has talent and can make it in the WWE. The only thing that spoiled the moment was the fact that he was wearing those red wrestling boots. Took away from the aura of him being a "fan".

tommy
04-17-2007, 05:33 AM
I gotta say, I have always been a fan of the Intercontinental Championship, legends have held it before going on to become the World Champion, Bret Hart, Steve Austin, Triple H, HBK, Pat Paterson, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, these men were great IC Champions, they brought honour and prestige to the title...now...this title means nothing because they gave it to some stupid Italian guy to please the Italian fans, what a stupid idea, they have killed the legacy of the Intercontinental Championship with this idiot holding it.

He was a WWE devolopmental talent from OVW. It's not like it was a random fan. It's the same thing Carlito did with both the US title and the Intercontinental.

chikovolcom_1704
04-17-2007, 05:43 AM
I'm With Fozzy Now I Think It's Disrespect For A Guy Like Santino To Hold The I C Title Who Is A Nobody Right Know

But Carlito Is A 2 Generation Superstar Like His Dad He Ain't No Nobody

Platinum_Lies
04-17-2007, 06:20 AM
But what was Umaga doing for the title? The IC title is supposed to be a platform for up and comers and be a prestigous title at the same time. But seeing as this guy is one of the few to not have held the belt, I see no problem with the reign.

Hell, this guy could be the next HBK or Austin for all we know. If that is the case then more prestige will come to the IC title. A fresh face can never really hurt this title. O, and just because Carlito was a 2nd generation superstar does not automatically make him championship material. He was the exact same as this guy winning it, a new face and a nobody that came out of nowhere to take a major title and bring back some spontaneaty to the WWE.

Butoden
04-17-2007, 04:17 PM
Donald Trump gave Umaga the title so that his BATTLE OF THE BILLIONAIRES match would be champion versus champion and not champion versus monster. I can't think of another reason >_>'

XXKSXX
04-17-2007, 04:19 PM
I think this was a good idea plus it was one of the only high points on RAW besides Torrie's sexy a$$. This was a great way to inter duce a new wrestler what better way then have him win a belt that really wasn't doing anything for Umaga. What happen on RAW just makes the feud between Umaga and the boss vs. Lashley gets more heated.

DEMON
04-18-2007, 01:15 AM
Plus with Umaga losing his belt on Raw(and not on a PPV show),just means that he is up for the ECW belt.
This way they(the WWE),don't have a dual champion,and than have some dumbass tournament to determine a new IC champ.
Its a quick and easy solution to an easier question,PLUS,they can always disgard this Santini guy if he doesn't work out that well for them,and call it a HUGE fluke...Oh yeah,and Vince could always go back and change the record books like he did for WM,giving hisself the win,even though the fans know better.

Platinum_Lies
04-18-2007, 02:39 AM
Plus with Umaga losing his belt on Raw(and not on a PPV show),just means that he is up for the ECW belt.
This way they(the WWE),don't have a dual champion,and than have some dumbass tournament to determine a new IC champ.
Its a quick and easy solution to an easier question,PLUS,they can always disgard this Santini guy if he doesn't work out that well for them,and call it a HUGE fluke...Oh yeah,and Vince could always go back and change the record books like he did for WM,giving hisself the win,even though the fans know better.

It is a bit telling that Lashley is almost certainly going to lose the belt at Backlash. But then again he may have just realised the belt was non-existent on Umaga. He may have just done this to throw the belt back into the mix.

joppi32
04-19-2007, 03:13 AM
LOL, at one time he's the undefeatable SAMOAN BULLDOZER, he just sucks now. lol