PDA

View Full Version : Jay Lethal Talks Black Machismo, Lockdown, Kevin Nash

Butoden
04-17-2007, 01:39 PM
Note: This was taken before Lockdown PPV

*Jay started off the interview by answering Mosh's first question about what is his response to anyone who comes up to him with the words "Black Machismo." A simple response we will be hearing more of in the weeks & months to come..."O yeah!!!!!"

*He is very excited about the character change, especially with the more television time he has been receiving. Jay has been following Kevin Nash's words of "playing the race card."

*He has not had the chance to meet Randy Savage yet, but he hopes that if he would run into "The Macho Man" down the road, that he would see his Savage impersonation as a tribute & a sign of respect.

*Along with the rest of TNA's roster/crew, Jay is looking forward to being a part of this weekend's Lockdown festivities. With heading to St. Louis (as well as other recent & future new areas for the company), Jay summed it up best: "The people outside of Florida have been begging for us to come there."

*In what many are calling the "dark horse match of TNA Lockdown," Jay has a chance to capture his first X-Division Championship, in the Xscape Match (vs. Chris Sabin vs. Alex Shelley vs. Shark Boy vs. Sonjay Dutt). He feels that the Six Sides Of Steel will add a new element to the contest, his second-ever cage match in TNA. "There's no way to train for this kind of match."

*Jay credits Kevin Nash for him being where he is in currently in the company. "The Paparazzi Idol skit was huge for me, and now I'm on television every week." Nash is all about helping to get the X-Division over & to a new level. He would also have no problems defending the X-Division Championship against "Big Sexy" if he comes out on top this Sunday night.

*TNA is heading back to where it all began -- Nashville, TN -- this upcoming June for Slammiversary, Total Nonstop Action's five-year anniversary show. Before looking forward to this event in "Music City," Jay wished to look back at his favorite moments in his time in TNA history: which included competing against Jeff Jarrett for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship, as well as taking on "The Samoan Submission Machine," Samoa Joe for the first time in the six-sided ring.

*If you did not have a chance to check out Jay's entrance into the TNA Impact Zone this past Thursday night on iMPACT, Jay encourages all fans to stay tuned for more "madness from Black Machismo."

*An absolutely hilarious 40+ minute interview, with "Black Machismo," covering plenty of additional topics (including whether or not he will be competing in future Ring Of Honor events in 2007 & beyond, the insanity of certain wrestling fans, WrestleMania weekend vs. Lockdown weekend, what he does outside of the ring, & plenty more -- which can be head here: (www.mondaynightmayhemarchives.com/waxfiles/040907.wax: streaming & http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/mondaynightmayhem/~3/108308325/040907.mp3 : MNM podcast).

*If you are in the vicinity of St. Louis, MO today, check out the TNA Lockdown Fanfest at the St. Louis Airport Hilton starting at 1PM. More than 40 TNA stars will come together for over four hours to participate in exclusive Q&A sessions, sign autographs, take pictures with fans and much more. Tickets are still available at www.ShopTNA.com. In addition, make sure to watch the "Road To Lockdown" special tonight at midnight on Spike TV. The half-hour broadcast, hosted by Jeremy Borash & Christy Hemme, will preview all the matches you will see at Lockdown this Sunday night!

I like Jay Lethal's new gimmick too and I think he should've won that match! :/

legolas4792
04-18-2007, 11:14 PM
his new gimmick is funny and entertaining even though its not exactly original i wonder what dutts new kevin nash givin gimmick will be