PDA

View Full Version : O'Leary: Season is a failure

bad_meetz_evil
04-24-2006, 05:04 PM
http://images.skysports.com/images/playerpics05_06/Managers/Premiership/oleary_bull.jpg

Aston Villa manager David O'Leary has conceded that this season has been a failure for the Midlanders.

The Villa Park outfit find themselves in 15th in the Premiership table after they were without a game at the weekend.

O'Leary has been criticised by sections of the home support but has been honest enough to admit that he is thoroughly displeased with the current situation.

"I don't like being where we are because I want to do more for the fans and for myself," he told Sky Sports News.

"I've been here and had the club in the top half, up there. Yes, Everton have been up there, down, and then bounced back but I don't want to be like that.

"I want to consistently push this club into the top half of the table. We've failed this season.

"It's been frustrating, the fans are frustrated and I totally understand them. It's been the same for me.

"We've had little bits," he argued. "We won the Birmingham games and done well in them but I look at the bigger picture. I want to do well overall in the country."

O'Leary had no qualms about admitting the campaign had been a failure.

"I think I'm honest and I don't think this has been a good season," he reasoned.

"I don't like where I am because I've never been there in my whole life as a manager and as a football player. So I don't like it."

Dmac
04-24-2006, 10:29 PM
Aston Villa are in a bad possition and if I am honest, Villa have good players at least good enough to be in the top half of the table, it is just picking the right team, they should not be in this position, and hopefully they will survive this season and do a lot better as they should next season.

Ok Mr. Venom was that good enough? Can I have my money now haha just joking.