PDA

View Full Version : Cole has faith in FA

Dmac
04-24-2006, 05:36 PM
Cole has faith in FA

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/3934/joecolescores7dj.jpg

Joe Cole says he has complete faith in The Football Association selecting the right candidate for the England coach's job.

The FA have again reiterated that they are "not far away" from an appointment but are disappointed with the levels of speculation about Sven Goran Eriksson's successor.

Steve McClaren and Luiz Felipe Scolari are believed to be vying for the position but director of communications Adrian Bevington stresses no offer has yet been made.

"We are almost there but, until we approach someone to take the job, which we haven't, we can't say anything," Bevington clarified in a statement.

"It's important to stress no firm decision has been made."

Cole is convinced the delay in naming the new man is the right thing to do and has pledged his full support to The FA.

"I'm confident," he told Sky Sports News. "I know people in and around The FA and I know they're going to make the right decision at the right time.

"All we're concerned about is the fact we're right behind Sven. We believe in him as a manager and want to go out there and do well for England, for ourselves and for the manager.

"All the candidates in the reckoning have got fantastic records. It's important we put our faith in The FA, they're good professional people and they'll pick the right people at the right time.

"I'm excited about playing for England for any manager, again the people who make the decision will make the right decision."

Cole is pleased to see former club West Ham in the FA Cup final after their semi-final win over Middlesbrough.

"I think Liverpool and West Ham are going to make a great showpiece of an FA Cup final," he added.

"We're disappointed not to be there but that was Saturday's game. Now we're looking forward to a big game on Saturday against Manchester United and hopefully we'll wrap up the league title here."