PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News

Mr. 2.0
01-11-2006, 04:26 AM
Kurt Angle wins the World Heavyweight Championship
January 10, 2006

Kurt Angle won the World Heavyweight Championship tonight at the SmackDown television taping in Philadelphia.

In one of the most shocking moments in recent SmackDown history, Angle, who was last seen teaming with Shawn Michaels on RAW Monday night, walked out from the locker room area and into the SmackDown ring to compete in the Battle Royal ordered by General Manager Theodore Long.

The addition of Angle to the Battle Royal clearly caught many Superstars off guard, and he became an immediate target of the SmackDown roster. In fact, Mark Henry even threw Angle through the announce table at ringside. Angle was able to withstand the attack, however, and in the end Angle last eliminated Henry to be crowned the new World Heavyweight Champion.

Afterwards, Angle celebrated in the ring while the audience in Philadelphia looked on in total amazement.

Of course, the crowning of a new World Heavyweight Champion was ordered after an injured and emotional Batista was forced to surrender the title earlier in the night due to injury.

Be sure to watch SmackDown this Friday night on UPN to watch this truly historic event unfold.

wwe.com

King Placebo
01-11-2006, 04:34 AM
This is awesome, i am a huge Angle fan, so im going to love seeing this.

Tails
01-11-2006, 04:57 AM
Angle wins? Wasn't he on Raw or what? Anyway Smackdown might be watchable now unlike Raw since Angle is 100000000000000000000 x better then Batista.

BVM
01-11-2006, 05:04 AM
Thats Fantastic news.

I wonder if his fued with HBK will continue?

With all this jumping around of talent could the brand split almost be a thing of the past?

Also this news just made me buy tickets to the Smackdown event in Brissie.

Jess
01-11-2006, 05:27 AM
It's about damn time...

I really love Batista but I think that he's had the title waaaay too long, and it's about time for him to lose the damn thing. I wonder who will be the next world champ...can't wait for this!! 2006 fresh new champs, yay!!

EDIT: WTF?!?! Kurt Angle, that ugly piece of crap. I HOPE SOMEONE HITS HIM IN THE BALLS WITH A SLEDGE HAMMER!!!!

Bad Boy
01-11-2006, 05:55 AM
well angle had it comin . good that old piece of trash won . hes atleast better than batista .

King Placebo
01-11-2006, 07:40 AM
I hope he comes down to the sydney tour.

bad_meetz_evil
01-11-2006, 09:23 AM
Thanks for ruining Smackdown for me. Next time put 'Spoilers' in your title ok?

The Major
01-11-2006, 09:26 AM
KURT ANGLE BACK ON SMACKDOWN! about bloody time! and he won the heavywieght title! good, it was about time he won it he has done alot in his career and at last it has paid of, no offence to batista but the title is now around a real champions waist.

OMEN
01-11-2006, 11:17 AM
This is great Kurt finally gets the chance to be the champion again and also returns to Smackdown.He works far better on the Smackdown show as the number one heel,sadly on Raw there is never going to be any better heel than HHH.....He is the best and they all know it!

King Placebo
01-11-2006, 11:17 AM
Thanks for ruining Smackdown for me. Next time put 'Spoilers' in your title ok?
Its not exactly a spoiler, they even have it at WWE.COM

Slash
01-11-2006, 01:18 PM
I just went on to the WWE website & couldn't believe it!

Straight Edge
01-11-2006, 03:02 PM
It's about go damn time that WWE made Angle the champ, I was wanting it to happen on Raw a long time ago, but Cena still kept the title and now that Batista's no longer the World Heavyweight Champion and now that Kurt Angle is, it's going to be interesting to see. It was also a great suprise no doubt about that having Angle shock everyone at the taping's and win the title