PDA

View Full Version : Eubank justifies Watson website

Dmac
04-26-2006, 05:28 PM
Eubank justifies Watson website

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/5166/41605082eubank2033ps.jpg

Former world champion Chris Eubank has defended his decision to charge fans to watch his infamous fight which left Michael Watson with brain damage.

He has launched a website featuring footage of the WBO super middleweight bout that has not been seen since 1991.

"It is the greatest performance of his life and the greatest performance of my life," Eubank told BBC Radio Five Live.

"There is an agreement I give Michael 50% of the proceeds and we are fully in agreement the fight should be shown."

Watson collapsed after the fight was stopped in the 12th round, spent 40 days in a coma and had six operations to remove a blood clot on his brain.

Despite being told he would never walk again, Watson has since become an inspirational figure, completing the London Marathon and raising thousands for charity.

Fourteen million viewers saw the fight on ITV, which had not been seen in full until a news conference on Tuesday.

"I said to Michael, 'how do you feel about the fight and the fact it's never been acknowledged?' said Eubank.

"And he said, 'it's wrong'. The public have been deprived of this contest for long enough.

"I take full responsibility for what happened on that night and I've been with him from the time it happened."