PDA

View Full Version : Jim Ross Talks About RVD's Future with WWE, TNA's Six Sided Ring, etc.

Flair Country
04-30-2007, 02:49 PM
Jim Ross has posted his latest blog entry, which you can check out by clicking here. Some highlights from this entry:

- Regarding the famous Mid South angle where Dick Murdoch attacked Ted DiBiase during DiBiase's NWA Title match with Ric Flair and gave him a brainbuster on the floor, Ross writes "The Mid South Wrestling episode that featured the Dibiase/Flair/Murdoch incident was one of the most classic hours of TV I was ever associated with. Raw, memorable emotion came out of that 60-minute show and it put Ted DiBiase on the map, thanks to his mentor Dick Murdoch, who was one of the all-time best in-ring performers ever when he wanted to be, and the legendary Ric Flair, who was at the top of his game. Classic stuff."

- Concerning the talk that Rob Van Dam might be leaving WWE at the end of his current deal, "I don’t know the status of the RVD/WWE contract negotiations, as that is not my area of responsibility any longer. Personally, I think Rob should stay in the WWE and continue to build his legacy and to earn a nice living. Hopefully all involved can work out something that is a win/win for everybody. I think RVD leaving the WWE would be a mistake, but that is simply one man’s opinion."

- Ross writes "I agree with Steve Austin that TNA’s 6 sided ring isn’t my personal cup of tea either. I actually find this unique looking structure distracting at times."

- About the excellent documentary "Lipstick and Dynamite", which covers the pioneers of women's wrestling, Ross writes "I have seen “Lipstick and Dynamite” about 4 or 5 times and love it. I think there is a market for more wrestling oriented documentaries, much like the WWE is doing now with their home video series. Many of the ladies featured in the film were wrestling when I broke in as a referee in the early 70’s, and many of them were legit tough as hell."

- Ross writes the following about WWE's involvement with the original ECW, "As best I can remember in 1997, the WWE was helping fund ECW and was doing what they could to keep ECW in business. The reason was that ECW was producing some excellent talents and no one ever has enough main event level stars, plus with the territory system going belly up, the new talent had to come from somewhere. By providing ECW stars some exposure on WWE programming, it simply helped provide the ECW wrestlers some good national exposure."

Ross also talks about football, NASCAR, Whipper Billy Watson and more. You can check out the full blog by clicking here.

PWInsider