PDA

View Full Version : Undertaker Injury Update, Out For Eight Months

Y0UR Messiah
05-02-2007, 12:23 AM
Source: The Wrestling observer Newsletter

Mark "Undertaker" Calaway's expected long-term reign as World champion is in jeopardy, not because of a booking change, but because of a torn bicep suffered before Sunday's Backlash PPV match.

Calaway will be seeing Dr. James Andrews this afternoon, but is still scheduled to appear on tonight's television show which is conveniently in Birmingham, where Andrews' works out of.

He was in tremendous pain Monday morning after the match. Because of how the muscle has completely rolled up the air, the belief is he suffered a complete muscle tear off the bone, which will require surgery and he'll be out six to eight months.

The original booking plan was for a lengthy Undertaker title run this year, and him working far more house shows than in many years. That's one of the reason he trained himself into getting so lean, which gave him added stamina and quickness on this run.

If it is at all possible, Undertaker does want to drop the championship in the ring, but that decision won't be made until Andrews sees him today.

well that sucks hardcore, this might be the last title run we'll ever see from the dead man.

Pritch
05-02-2007, 12:28 AM
Kennedys promo yesterday on RAW was a lie. I think hes cashing in soon.

Y0UR Messiah
05-02-2007, 12:37 AM
well if taker is going to be out have kennedy as champ would be a smart move.

XXKSXX
05-02-2007, 12:57 AM
This does suck cause I thought he looked in good shape and now he gets nailed with this. I was hoping to see him have a good title rain witch he deserves greatly. I'm thinking this may be his last chance at it to cause I don't think he's got many more years left and that injury is pretty bad.

yankeesman77
05-02-2007, 12:58 AM
Mysterio and Henry should be comiing back soon though and maybe an influx of new stars to Smackdown will help elevate the roster again.

XXKSXX
05-02-2007, 01:02 AM
Looking forward to seeing Henry coming back but not so much of Rey. But the title picture should be ok. Just sucks for Taker.

Y0UR Messiah
05-02-2007, 01:08 AM
it happens. look what happened to hhh. had dx rolling again and it got screwed all up. on the bright side maybe they'll do something cool with the world title. like a battle royal or a tournament.

Big Evil
05-02-2007, 01:09 AM
This is a major upset for the WWE, and especially the fans. Those of us that already know will probably have ideas of what is going to happen, i.e. Batista gets the title, or Kennedy cashes in to get it for the first time. Either way, I think Taker's reign has come to an end. Hopefully he will tough it out and make his way back to continue his supposes lengthy reign sometime in the future.

aoessand
05-02-2007, 06:41 AM
gd i hope they dont let bastia win im about as sick of him as i am of super cena

mingza
05-02-2007, 09:31 AM
Maybe Kennedy cashes in now and wins and taker wins at mania next yr in some sort of gimmick match in a dream match against michaels? nah thats just my imagination..i really do hope its not that serious although it is at the moment

Garden State Saint
05-02-2007, 04:23 PM
Wasn't there a rumor of Orton going to Smackdown? :lmao:

Platinum_Lies
05-02-2007, 06:07 PM
Wasn't there a rumor of Orton going to Smackdown? :lmao:

Talk about going from the doghouse to the mansion. But with the stat SD is in with few main event level wrestlers, Orton may have to be thrown into the mix. Why couldn't Khali be the one to get injured instead, at least he isn't a legitamate champion.

Note: Not that I wish for an injury to occur, but if it had to happen I would much rather it be on someone that, if gone, would not be missed.

oskino
05-02-2007, 06:35 PM
this is gona b wak

legolas4792
05-02-2007, 11:35 PM
i knew as soon as they said as long as he can keep a regular schedule he can keep the title, that he would get hurt that sucks i hope he gets another chance

LionDen
05-03-2007, 03:01 AM
Can not believe he could be out till 2008 :sad:

alignmo
05-03-2007, 03:05 AM
Hige blow for WWE, mainly Smackdown, but he only did promos.....